WhatPulse Forums » Feature requests » Client software v » Suggestion-- Vista "gadget" Welcome back, Guest.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Suggestion-- Vista "gadget"
03-21-2007, 05:38 PM
I haven't been through all the topics and this may have already been suggested (translation: feel free to delete this....or even mock me if necessary 8-) )

How about a gadget for Vista.

Maybe show the top 10 keystrokes on my PC, or miles moused, or something like that.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-21-2007, 08:20 PM
I was actually going to do something like this (and for the Google Desktop sidebar as well)... but I got sidetracked and was never bothered.

I think it'll be a great alternative to the geek window, but for that to happen hooking the geek window to update the keys live needs to be a weeee bit easier -- hinthint wasted. Wink
03-24-2007, 06:50 PM
bobL Wrote:I was actually going to do something like this (and for the Google Desktop sidebar as well)... but I got sidetracked and was never bothered.

I think it'll be a great alternative to the geek window, but for that to happen hooking the geek window to update the keys live needs to be a weeee bit easier -- hinthint wasted. Wink

hey bobL,

i already suggested this way back, (asked Wasted if some sort of export could be done from whatpulse) but he replyed that the xml was the only way to get the statistics...

There are 10 sorts of people, those who know binary, and those who don't.
[Image: 2604687.png]
07-10-2007, 06:02 PM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2007 06:03 PM by stuartbennett.)
hi guys

no offence to anyone because this is a really great idea and all however, before we can ever think of making a gadget for whatpulse the first step has to be to make the software actually be compatable with vista and to be honest vista has been around for about 6 months now and the developers of whatpulse havent made any effort to write a vista compatable version yet so clearly the developers have given up on the software indefinately so a vista compatable version is now and forever will remain just a dream, sorry to burst the bubble im just going by the facts guys.
07-10-2007, 06:30 PM
stuartbennett Wrote:hi guys

no offence to anyone because this is a really great idea and all however, before we can ever think of making a gadget for whatpulse the first step has to be to make the software actually be compatable with vista and to be honest vista has been around for about 6 months now and the developers of whatpulse havent made any effort to write a vista compatable version yet so clearly the developers have given up on the software indefinately so a vista compatable version is now and forever will remain just a dream, sorry to burst the bubble im just going by the facts guys.

did you look at the date? Tongue

anyway, i did manage to read and decode the keys and stuff from whatpulse,
but indeed if whatpulse is not fully vista capable, how can i make my program work correct then?

There are 10 sorts of people, those who know binary, and those who don't.
[Image: 2604687.png]
07-10-2007, 07:11 PM
The project should move forward and therefore the client should too.
If you managed to retrieve the data (gambler = coder of WhatCount?) of WhatPulse there could a dll be written which could be used for anyone.

xml is nice, but one update each 5 minutes is by far not enough.
07-10-2007, 07:13 PM
do we know when a vista compatable version of whatpulse will be started on?
07-10-2007, 07:18 PM
I think it will come after the new homepage, so be patient.

{sarcasm on}
one year more or less won't hurt
{sarcasm off}
07-11-2007, 01:37 AM
The final of 1.5 will come with the release of the new webpage.

Whether it will be Vista compatible at that stage or not remains to be seen, but I can assure you it won't be long after until there's a Vista compatible one flying around somewhere.
07-15-2007, 11:24 PM
I work perfectly fine in Vista with the 1.5 beta.

I had to run as an administrator, but now UAC is off, so it doesn't matter.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Suggestion: Geek window responsiveness Robby250 5 2,556 10-01-2014 06:04 AM
Last Post: smitmartijn
  Suggestion - Computer Hours Beardie27 65 54,024 10-26-2010 05:18 PM
Last Post: SnoFox
  Suggestion - Power Beardie27 5 6,088 03-27-2009 11:50 PM
Last Post: Beardie27
  suggestion according scrolling. mindstorms 6 7,419 02-17-2008 10:15 PM
Last Post: bobL