WhatPulse Forums » Support » Client software v » Clicking not tracked Welcome back, Guest.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Clicking not tracked
05-12-2009, 02:41 PM
Clicking not tracked
Hello guys, I have a problem in windows 7, whatpulse does not seem to track my mouse clicks, but it still tracks the number of keys hit. Does anyone know why this is? And yes, I am using the latest version.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-12-2009, 08:16 PM
Clicking not tracked
We currently do not support Windows 7 and will most likely not attempt to support it until it is released to the general public, beyond a beta capacity.

~Century0
05-12-2009, 09:20 PM
Clicking not tracked
I'm using windows 7 and had a similar problem, I'm fairly sure it happens because their is a conflict with another program, restarting whatpulse.exe usually fixes the problem, but if not then try closing other applications (you will have to restart whatpulse each time) until it hopefully start recording mouse clicks.

~ Chris

Did you know that eating cheese can give you cancer?

If anyone cares, my Avatar has a name. It is Bob. Bob the fluffy thing.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-13-2009, 11:08 AM
Clicking not tracked
c-smith Wrote:I'm using windows 7 and had a similar problem, I'm fairly sure it happens because their is a conflict with another program, restarting whatpulse.exe usually fixes the problem, but if not then try closing other applications (you will have to restart whatpulse each time) until it hopefully start recording mouse clicks.

~ Chris

I use Windows 7 RC1, 64 bit. This seems to occur when I pull out of a full screen game. In this case, it's Nexuiz.

Restarting WP is just fine, but it seems once a particular program starts to trap your mouse clicks for functions within it, it takes the hook away from WP.
05-13-2009, 11:17 AM
Clicking not tracked
It would seem so, I only installed the RC yesterday so as I havn't really installed any software yet I've had no problems with Whatpulse.

Did you know that eating cheese can give you cancer?

If anyone cares, my Avatar has a name. It is Bob. Bob the fluffy thing.
05-13-2009, 03:17 PM (This post was last modified: 05-13-2009 03:20 PM by popbob.)
Clicking not tracked
Century0 Wrote:We currently do not support Windows 7 and will most likely not attempt to support it until it is released to the general public, beyond a beta capacity.

~Century0

Windows 7 has been out of beta for several months now.
05-13-2009, 10:37 PM
Clicking not tracked
popbob Wrote:Windows 7 has been out of beta for several months now.

Zzz, release candidate, beta, all the same thing. My point is: It is not an official boxed release that is being shipped to retail stores/online stores.

~Century0
05-13-2009, 11:25 PM
Clicking not tracked
Haha, your statement still comes back to haunt you Century0 x).
Maybe you should have left my posts, then more people probably wouldn't come pushing in the same direction Tongue

"You don't know when you might need a tank" - Jericho
Homepage: http://Quarzi.mine.nu/eng for the non swedes x)
05-15-2009, 04:09 AM
Clicking not tracked
Restarting does seem to fix the issue, and the theory about fullscreen applications seems legit. I just had this issue myself, but I'm not sure exactly what caused it. I'll see if this happens to me again, and figure out what exactly caused this to happen for me.

And about Windows 7... Tongue Seriously guys, they aren't gonna change much in the official release. And besides, it's a small little error to look into.
05-15-2009, 12:37 PM
Clicking not tracked
Windows 7 isn't going to be out for quite some time, there are more important things on the to-do list and I just don't have time to look into something so trivial right now. It's not just clicking, it's keys and distance as well - Hardly a small thing I would think.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Uptime being tracked when computer is off? xDarkistic 4 1,318 04-13-2016 05:53 PM
Last Post: xDarkistic
  [Win8.1 x64, Pulse 2.5] Network device detected as inactive, traffic not tracked Strazdas 6 4,015 01-26-2015 11:29 AM
Last Post: Strazdas
  Upload/Download not being tracked properly Vetselm 4 4,316 04-11-2014 03:09 PM
Last Post: Vetselm
  keys not being tracked tomjohnr 3 5,081 01-31-2013 06:41 AM
Last Post: robby251
  I keep clicking and typing but... Crenox 2 3,421 01-23-2013 10:34 PM
Last Post: Crenox
  Special keys won't get tracked LittleSparko 3 4,820 01-13-2013 07:35 PM
Last Post: LittleSparko
  Network Traffic not tracked - winpcap installed gaia 1 3,914 01-02-2013 12:39 PM
Last Post: gaia
  Enter/Return Keyboard key ins't tracked? FudgeMunkey 1 3,395 12-24-2012 11:12 PM
Last Post: Teliko
  XP - Not recording clicks or keystrokes, locks up when clicking what pulse macmee 1 2,601 08-11-2009 03:06 AM
Last Post: macmee