WhatPulse Forums » Feature requests » Client software v » Redesign the cheating prevention system Welcome back, Guest.

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
Redesign the cheating prevention system
12-20-2006, 01:19 PM
Redesign the cheating prevention system
My Possible rebuttal to this idea would be complaints of extra CPU usage. Ye Gods, i've lost a minute percentage of my CPU power. Small to some, but others may complain.

The other issue is that this essentially only solves the issue in relation to high KPS. What if a cheater sets up a bot that regularly types characters over a long period of time. Theres nothing to say that they cant keep up a high KPS this way, but the WhatPulse Client would not detect this.

This would then bring in the idea of time based checks, such as people typing for days straight would be noted and suspended. But this would be rather hard to code and manage. How do you determine how long is too long? If you set a hard limit, then the cheaters will sit on it. Set the limit too low however, and real users will be affected.

Heuristics based detection is possible, but that is an area that a) i have not much knowledge of, and b) of the small part I do know, it is processor intensive, and hard to code!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Redesign the cheating prevention system - TeHCrAzY - 12-20-2006 01:19 PM
Redesign the cheating prevention system - otoolejp - 03-27-2007, 08:39 PM
Redesign the cheating prevention system - Tsunim - 04-12-2007, 08:14 PM
Redesign the cheating prevention system - mikestrike - 08-04-2007, 04:10 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Disable "pulsed!" popup bubble in Windows system tray laundryanto 5 7,016 02-23-2017 01:49 AM
Last Post: laundryanto
Thumbs Up System Tray Stats Xander641 3 5,057 11-18-2013 02:42 PM
Last Post: SearchBuzz