WhatPulse Forums » Feature requests » Client software v » Redesign the cheating prevention system Welcome back, Guest.

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
Redesign the cheating prevention system
04-14-2007, 04:53 PM
There's already quite a few anti-cheat protections in place, and I'm pretty sure the obvious ones have been caught.

Copying the whatpulse files to different places won't work, since the tokens can only be used once. Changing the data files around to show for higher key counts is going to be very difficult, since it's encrypted now. There's already a KPS limit in place right now, and it doesn't require any formulas that show average KPS per day for the rest of the users.

I'd say we've got a pretty good system in place without the need for invasive security measures Wink

[Image: XKalSig1.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-04-2007, 04:10 AM (This post was last modified: 08-10-2007 02:27 AM by X-Kal.)
http://whatpulse.org/stats/users/113285/normal/

there should be somthing that doesnt allow you to have big pulses and big kbps amount, like that guy,

4 2007/07/04 04:19:48 8,123,523 2,001,536 0.00 3.63 0.89

its freaking impossible to do that without cheating or sharing acc, both illegal

PS: didnt post the full url, cuz i cant just registred
08-04-2007, 07:13 AM
Well, actually a link need to be posted here:

http://forums.whatpulse.org/showthread.p...878&page=3

But this is ok Tongue

I hate cheaters :evil:

[Image: 186449.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
12-30-2007, 06:13 AM
I try to pulse only when my count gets to about 100,000; Simply because it's nicer than the error message saying 'cannot connect to server' showing up *every* time I click or type without internet, if I've gone over my 1,000 keys or 20,000 clicks. That's why I bumped it up to an insane amount. Adding anything that sends out to the server 'I'm here, I have this many keys' every hour or whatnot seems very much like that, and would: a) Cause unnecessary server strain, and b) cause hassle to people on laptops or on dial-up. (non-permanent internet connections) c) People with automatic dial-out will get angry. (more dialup problems! :-P)

While in theory it sounds good, it's not going to work. Sad
05-20-2008, 06:41 PM
There's another much easier way to get the keys, and it's fast, too. All you need is two computers. First you pulse from one of the computers. So, if you now use some kind of cheat on this computer, you will be able to have unlimited KPS... That really needs to be fixed because it's really simple. I found this out when i pulsed from my laptop and then a few minutes later from my other computer, then the KPS was 15. I don't know for how long it would work, if it even stops, but it needs to be fixed.
05-24-2008, 01:26 PM
There is no limit on KPS with different profiles, because that's annoying.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-24-2008, 08:23 PM
wasted Wrote:There is no limit on KPS with different profiles, because that's annoying.

What do you mean by saying it's annoying? Confused
05-28-2008, 03:53 PM
Well, let's say you have a desktop and a laptop. You have, for example, 25,336,524 keys on your desktop. If you were to pulse that, and had 10million keys on your laptop it would be forever before you would be aloud to pulse again.
05-29-2008, 08:11 PM
Zabin King Wrote:Well, let's say you have a desktop and a laptop. You have, for example, 25,336,524 keys on your desktop. If you were to pulse that, and had 10million keys on your laptop it would be forever before you would be aloud to pulse again.

Yeah, you're right. Smile
It's easy to cheat in that way, tho. =/
10-22-2008, 12:26 AM (This post was last modified: 10-22-2008 12:29 AM by Dharok1337.)
So what is the current cheating protection? Based on KPS?

I think that the MAX KPS should be around 6 or so. I type around 105 Words Per Minute and that is pretty fast, or atleast I am told. I am doing a guestimate and I would say I type like 4 or 5 KPS. Don't forget space counts as a KPS.

Anybody that goes past 6 or so KPS should have a 30 second delay before anymore keystrokes are counted to their profile.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Disable "pulsed!" popup bubble in Windows system tray laundryanto 5 6,367 02-23-2017 01:49 AM
Last Post: laundryanto
Thumbs Up System Tray Stats Xander641 3 4,694 11-18-2013 02:42 PM
Last Post: SearchBuzz