WhatPulse Forums » Support » Website v » Still having problems... Welcome back, Guest.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Still having problems...
05-27-2009, 11:59 AM
Still having problems...
Thanks guys, i've tried clearing cookies but still to no avail though. :sad:
It works the first time i enter the site, subsequent clicks on other links just show my ip being logged.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-27-2009, 12:16 PM
Still having problems...
I often get this; my internet connection is horrible and constantly disconnects which reassigns me a new IP address, I've found waiting a few hours sorts it out again. The client still works fine, just browsing the site isn't allowed. You should definitely have a button to clear the session w/ the error message.
05-27-2009, 10:29 PM
Still having problems...
smellybeans Wrote:Thanks guys, i've tried clearing cookies but still to no avail though. :sad:
It works the first time i enter the site, subsequent clicks on other links just show my ip being logged.

okay, that narrows the problem to your ISP.
You might use AOL or something like SkyDSL.
Those providers have proxy arrays and route their customer's requests over those servers. So every click comes from a different IP address (regarded from the server side).
This website uses Session Cookies even for users that are not logged in - and those sessions are fixed to an IP address... so there is hardly anything you can do - change your provider or use a fixed proxy for whatpulse.org...

@whatpulse-team: you should change that behaviour a bit: Don't limit sessions to IP adresses and renew the session identifier during login and logout. That would also eliminate the risk of attacks using session fixation / session hijacking - and would be more user friendly.
An IP limit per session helps in most cases against session hijackers but not if attacker and victim are in the same company network / school / university ...
Ask me if you need more Details / Examples.
05-30-2009, 12:53 PM
Still having problems...
@FamilienVater, thanks for the heads up.

Any help people? :o

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Password problems on site JaRi1337 1 1,118 02-02-2015 05:53 PM
Last Post: smitmartijn
Exclamation Some problems with Web API Runis 1 3,157 12-30-2012 12:18 PM
Last Post: smitmartijn
  Problems with Login MrPedantic 1 3,186 09-20-2010 10:07 AM
Last Post: Mr. Pedantic