WhatPulse Forums » Support » Client software v » Odd message... :P (Client 1.6.2) Welcome back, Guest.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Odd message... :P (Client 1.6.2)
04-04-2009, 07:10 PM (This post was last modified: 04-04-2009 10:13 PM by c-smith.)
Firstly, this isn't a bug, or at least doesn't appear to be. After downloading whatpulse 1.6.2 I went into the settings to make sure all the settings where the same as in the previous version. They where, all but the "Pulse every [x]" setting, so I changed it to pulse every 10,000 key strokes.

After clicking the save button the settings window closed and I was shown the following message:

[Image: whatpulseerror.th.png]

( Link)

Clicked Okay and everything carried on as normal, went back into properties to check that the setting had been saved - it had however once again when i clicked save the same message was shown.

Fairly sure this isn't a bug, once I reach 10,000 clicks ill know for sure Tongue (just 2000 to go xD)

--- Edit ----

Reached 10,000 keystrokes and received an invalid token message. Got my self a new token and then tried to pulse manually and once again got an invalid token error. Did this a few times with no luck, tried setting the auto pulse back to 0, but still got invalid token error...

Seem to have fixed it now however, logged off of my account and restarted whatpulse, then pulsed manually after a few mouse clicks and there where no problems. Have now set it to pulse every 250 keystrokes and so far no problems.

It would appear that you need to mually pulse before setting an auto pulse limit to stop any invalid token messages. Confused

--- EDIT! HOW TO FIX! ---

If you come across the problem above (E.g. keep getting invalid token errors: Log out of whatpulse and restart the client, then manually pulse before setting a 'pulse every [x]' option. This seems to fix the problem.

Did you know that eating cheese can give you cancer?

If anyone cares, my Avatar has a name. It is Bob. Bob the fluffy thing.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-04-2009, 09:01 PM
Bump!

04-04-2009, 09:23 PM
Worked ok for me after a while. I got the same error message, but when I pulsed it was fine. I am now gonna wait an hour to see if it auto pulses correctly as Ive set it to pulse every hour. I just did the manual one to check if everything was ok, and Ive checked my profile and the keys are all there. Smile

Now for an hour of typing and MSN convos hehe, Hope your keys are all ok smithy.

http://www.suckmytrend.com

[Image: Slow2die.png]
04-04-2009, 09:57 PM
Well i lost the first 10k but thats not a huge deal and it seems to be pulsing fine now so hopefully that was the last of the errors Tongue

04-04-2009, 09:58 PM
Good to hear. Shame about the 10k, but nothing in the long run. Im getting a hell of a lot more keys in now, so all is good. Smile Aiming hard for the top 25 in the UK. I WILL obtain it! Big Grin

04-04-2009, 10:11 PM
Xtr3me Wrote:Good to hear. Shame about the 10k, but nothing in the long run. Im getting a hell of a lot more keys in now, so all is good. Smile Aiming hard for the top 25 in the UK. I WILL obtain it! Big Grin

lol good luck with that but it might take a while xD How many keys do you type / day on average?

04-04-2009, 10:24 PM
Not too many at the moment, but its growing everyday because of the amount of work im getting done. Im just entering my easter break, so I have about 30 essays to do. Expect a few hundred K this week, heh Tongue

04-04-2009, 10:29 PM
Nice lol i don't really pulse consistantly (had a period about about 5 months were i wasn't using whatpulse) but on average i pulse anything from 10 to 50k a day depending on what i'm doing really.

04-04-2009, 10:53 PM
Im at about 20k a day or so at the moment, but expect that to rise to about 40k over the next week, maybe more.

04-04-2009, 11:16 PM
Well i've been doing coursework over the last few days and got about 200k but it's unlikely ill every be doing anything involving quite so much work for a while Tongue

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  client 3.0 behind sniffing corporate proxy cannot pulse drdamour 5 931 02-04-2021 04:35 AM
Last Post: Bloopy
  Client 3.0 Window opens on startup despite setting it not to XeaLouS 4 970 01-17-2021 12:08 PM
Last Post: smitmartijn
  Whatpulse Client and Windows 10 (20H2) d3FC0N 3 1,225 12-29-2020 12:54 PM
Last Post: d3FC0N
  Mac client causing latency every ~10 seconds bryandh 10 8,080 03-09-2017 04:50 PM
Last Post: DJLunacy
Information [CLOSED] Mouse distance counter in Windows client. TigraPolosatiy 1 2,504 02-27-2017 05:30 PM
  Client crash on launch (v2.7.1) Sovex66 13 8,423 02-27-2017 09:31 AM
Last Post: Dosphal
Bug Client doing an insane amount of writing to disk Formina_Sage 4 3,769 11-04-2016 04:47 PM
  [SOLVED] Client crashes on startup v. 2.7 Win10x64 Lttngblt 11 7,788 10-08-2016 06:43 PM
  [CLOSED] Client Crash macOS Sierra SeeEmAge 3 3,555 09-15-2016 03:42 AM
Bug [FIXED] Premium on site does not match premium on client fractalsauce 3 3,051 06-26-2016 06:10 PM