WhatPulse Forums » Feature requests » Client software v » Using Whatpulse Anywhere Welcome back, Guest.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Using Whatpulse Anywhere
03-28-2009, 09:33 PM
Using Whatpulse Anywhere
X-Kal Wrote:Yup! I'd just copy my whatpulse folder onto the jump drive, delete the .wpw files, then I was ready to go! Sure, I'd have to log in to my whatpulse account when I got to school, but as soon as that was done, it was ready to go from then on out.

(Note: You'll still need a separate profile for the pen drive - treat it like a separate computer, but you can still use it anywhere)

Thank but in V1.6s case i don't delete the .wpw file? as BobL stated the the exe doesn't generate the .wpw file were it is located.

Join My Team The Universal Union, No password and were Universally Pulsing to the end
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-29-2009, 06:09 AM
Using Whatpulse Anywhere
Beardie27 Wrote:Thank but in V1.6s case i don't delete the .wpw file? as BobL stated the the exe doesn't generate the .wpw file were it is located.

Those instructions are for version 1.5, not 1.6.

In response to Extr3me's comment, if you have 1.5, you can do this:

1) Copy the whatpulse folder from your computer to the thumb drive
2) Close WhatPulse
3) Delete the .wpw files from the thumb drive (NOT the hard drive)
4) Run the copy of whatpulse.exe on the thumb drive and treat it as if it's a new computer, meaning it gets its own pulse profile.

The trick then is that if you're pulsing the thumb drive from your home computer, you need to close the whatpulse on your hard drive and open the one on the thumb drive.

It's actually a lot easier than I'm making it sound.

[Image: XKalSig1.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-29-2009, 02:32 PM
Using Whatpulse Anywhere
X-Kal Wrote:Those instructions are for version 1.5, not 1.6.

In response to Extr3me's comment, if you have 1.5, you can do this:

1) Copy the whatpulse folder from your computer to the thumb drive
2) Close WhatPulse
3) Delete the .wpw files from the thumb drive (NOT the hard drive)
4) Run the copy of whatpulse.exe on the thumb drive and treat it as if it's a new computer, meaning it gets its own pulse profile.

The trick then is that if you're pulsing the thumb drive from your home computer, you need to close the whatpulse on your hard drive and open the one on the thumb drive.

It's actually a lot easier than I'm making it sound.

Yeh I understand all that just fine. The problem is when I load the program from the thumb drive at college, I need to login to the software by allowing the program to connect to the internet and load my account. The college firewall blocks this from happening and therefore I can't log in and use the software.

http://www.suckmytrend.com

[Image: Slow2die.png]
03-29-2009, 06:35 PM
Using Whatpulse Anywhere
I do the logging in at home. Ideally (and I hope the developers are taking close note here), you shouldn't need to log in anywhere else. Part of the benefit of having a thumb drive whatpulse is being able to collect stats on computers that don't have internet access.

In regards to the firewall issue, it sounds like 1.6.2 will let you pick which port you use.

04-05-2009, 05:05 PM
Using Whatpulse Anywhere
So now with 1.6.2, can i have it so the .wpw file is located on the pen drive rather than the the computer? If so how do i do this exactly, because i tried that on my brothers pc and the .wpw files saved to the standard location on the hard drive.

Also the use of whatpulse on a pc thats not got a internet connection(using the pen drive).

Join My Team The Universal Union, No password and were Universally Pulsing to the end
04-05-2009, 06:10 PM
Using Whatpulse Anywhere
*Places multiple installations of WhatPulse onto his USB Disk for his arrival back at college*

Lol Tongue

http://www.suckmytrend.com

[Image: Slow2die.png]
04-05-2009, 08:42 PM
Using Whatpulse Anywhere
Beardie27 Wrote:So now with 1.6.2, can i have it so the .wpw file is located on the pen drive rather than the the computer? If so how do i do this exactly, because i tried that on my brothers pc and the .wpw files saved to the standard location on the hard drive.

Also the use of whatpulse on a pc thats not got a internet connection(using the pen drive).

If it's not saving to the whatpulse directory, you're not going to be able to create a pen drive version that works very well, unless you're VERY diligent about copying and pasting files to the right place - and even then, this will interfere with your regular desktop pulses. I can't see how I can make this work without some sort of logistical nightmare.

04-05-2009, 10:16 PM
Using Whatpulse Anywhere
Well surely we could have an option for whatpulse to save the .wpw file where ever we want? ot just have it save in its own directory?

04-05-2009, 10:58 PM
Using Whatpulse Anywhere
Yes there will be an option, I just have to add it.
04-06-2009, 09:59 AM
Using Whatpulse Anywhere
Ok, thanks, just wondering, because i thought you said that you were doing it for 1.6.2. So i asked.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Whatpulse for Android Megachip 3 1,871 01-11-2016 10:26 AM
Last Post: Megachip
  Whatpulse Should be Available on Tablets, iPods and Phones Tealdragon204 7 5,483 07-26-2014 12:48 PM
Last Post: linkops
  WhatPulse With Alternative Input Devices? Inquizitor 6 10,396 06-27-2014 04:05 PM
Last Post: SearchBuzz
  WhatPulse getting too detailed cronic5 7 7,201 02-28-2014 05:09 AM
Last Post: abpop
  Make WhatPulse synchronize between computers AmokOwe 7 9,862 02-24-2014 09:19 PM
Last Post: Megachip
  How whatpulse works? gzc9047 1 3,399 06-08-2013 03:38 PM
Last Post: smitmartijn
  Can WhatPulse client record the log of every click of mouse & keyboard? gzc9047 1 5,702 06-08-2013 03:33 PM
  New Whatpulse Client Idea stuthemonkey 3 6,479 03-06-2013 06:13 AM
Last Post: Xander641
  Whatpulse 2.0.1 old stats AzoraX 3 6,163 01-01-2013 12:30 PM
  WhatPulse Client API Marius 13 15,533 11-19-2011 10:19 AM
Last Post: gambiauser