WhatPulse Forums » Feature requests » Client software v » Suggestion - Computer Hours Welcome back, Guest.

Poll: What Do You Want, Computer/Whatpulse Uptime?
Computer Usage Uptime
Whatpulse Usage Uptime
Either/Both Usage Uptime
None, Don't Like The Idea of Uptime
No Opinion, Can't Say What I Think About Uptime
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Suggestion - Computer Hours
05-04-2009, 06:21 PM
I think that this sounds like a good idea. Unless it ran as a System Service, it would be difficult to monitor System Uptime.

It would be interesting to keep records of the longest continuous uptimes. A timer would keep track of how long the system is either ON or in STANDBY mode, and it would be reset every time the system is shut down.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-04-2009, 07:48 PM
I like the idea of usage uptime, but up until last week when the power went out I had my computer on for almost a year, and I know that, so I don't really care about that stat. But I am interested in knowing how many active hours I use my computer.
I also like the idea of idle time, but in a different stat so you could compare how many hours your computer is on versus how many hours you're actively using it.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-04-2009, 10:19 PM
Well idle time might be a option really, because all it would have to measure is the time between you not pressing keys surely.

Maybe if you don't type a key or touch the computer mouse etc for more than five seconds then the timer starts. and stops when you press a key.

The thing is about this idea its the opposite to what whatpulse does. Whatpulse recording how you use your computer in many ways and this being how long you don't use your computer.

Also i am sorry but i can not find a Poll Edit button anywhere.

Join My Team The Universal Union, No password and were Universally Pulsing to the end
05-05-2009, 01:07 AM
Beardie27 Wrote:Well idle time might be a option really, because all it would have to measure is the time between you not pressing keys surely.

Maybe if you don't type a key or touch the computer mouse etc for more than five seconds then the timer starts. and stops when you press a key.

The thing is about this idea its the opposite to what whatpulse does. Whatpulse recording how you use your computer in many ways and this being how long you don't use your computer.

Also i am sorry but i can not find a Poll Edit button anywhere.

Only admins can change polls, whats up?

~Century0
05-05-2009, 07:41 AM
Uptime isn't going to find its way into WhatPulse anytime soon...
05-13-2009, 10:20 PM
Thats only because you're lazy bobl Tongue

Hate, hate your enemies. Save, save your friends. Find, find your place. Speak, speak the truth. - Nirvana
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-28-2009, 08:59 PM
I like the idea, right now I pulse every hour and use that as a tracking tool. It would be nice to have it as a stat we can look at but isn't ranked, just something for us to see, if people want to cheat they gain nothing.
07-28-2009, 01:21 AM
I really like idea of an uptime measuring tool, I don't think it's needed for a competitive measure just simply because it would be an interesting thing for Whatpulse to track.
I mean I use Whatpulse to track my own statistics so this in my head at least would be the next logical step for improvement.
08-02-2009, 10:55 AM
The problem with "cheating" on WhatPulse could be solved very easy.

Just count the time when the mouse moves or keys are pressed plus or minus 2 minutes because a keystroke takes less than 0.1 secs.

So someone stops moving his mouse and 2 mins. later the counter stops.

Greetings

[Image: pic_49.gif][Image: pic_4.png]
08-02-2009, 11:18 PM
DarkMaster3960 Wrote:The problem with "cheating" on WhatPulse could be solved very easy.

Just count the time when the mouse moves or keys are pressed plus or minus 2 minutes because a keystroke takes less than 0.1 secs.

So someone stops moving his mouse and 2 mins. later the counter stops.

Greetings

What does that have to do with anything in this thread? Also, that's a ridiculous idea - I can go for half an hour or more without using my mouse.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Suggestion: Geek window responsiveness Robby250 5 2,710 10-01-2014 06:04 AM
Last Post: smitmartijn
  Most active hours view Kukis13 0 1,293 08-12-2014 08:29 AM
Last Post: Kukis13
  Suggestion - Power Beardie27 5 6,223 03-27-2009 11:50 PM
Last Post: Beardie27
  Suggestion-- Vista "gadget" masuccj 22 26,476 08-06-2008 05:16 AM
Last Post: luddite