WhatPulse Forums » Support » Website v » Users losing keys Welcome back, Guest.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Users losing keys
02-02-2009, 02:16 AM
Users losing keys
Eris:

^ghost^ Wrote:The keys were removed because of the following reasons.

High AvKPS. While this may not be a valid reason to remove the pulse, when combined with the time frame between pulses they seemed very high and suspicious. If multiple profiles had pulsed at once this is a different story, but the dates on the other profiles if there were any where well before the date on this pulse.

This is the reason they were removed.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-02-2009, 08:16 AM
Users losing keys
bobL Wrote:If we sent a private message to a real hacker asking about his dodgy-looking pulses, do you really think he's going to say 'yes I hacked!'?

But will he be able to explain how he got them? Wink

I guess I will have to live with the fact that 3.760.000 keys have gone down the drain for no reason whatsoever, but what I would like to know is who says what is real and what is not. I mean I am a website programmer. All I do every single friggin day is type...type some more and then some! On an average day I will type around 40.000 keys at work and around 30.000 keys at home. On a top day, I could go to 80.000 keys at work and around 30.000 keys at home. Try making objects all day and creating all the methods, properties etc for them. See how your AvKPS will turn out.

http://wp.osphp.net/serve/sig.png?usr=10...02-102-102
02-02-2009, 08:41 AM
Users losing keys
Did you have a 3.7m pulse or were they several pulses deleted?

The admins and the anti-cheat team decide what is real and what is not and they do a damn good job of it. A few of them are developers too, but they don't suffer from erroneously high AVKPS...
02-02-2009, 08:44 AM (This post was last modified: 02-02-2009 09:48 AM by bReChThOu.)
Users losing keys
We dont have high AVKPs we just pulsed with different profiles at a time.
The anti-cheat time doesn't do a good job, honost users get their pulsed removed while the real cheaters get away with it.
02-02-2009, 09:49 AM
Users losing keys
^ghost^ Wrote:The keys were removed because of the following reasons.

High AvKPS. While this may not be a valid reason to remove the pulse, when combined with the time frame between pulses they seemed very high and suspicious. If multiple profiles had pulsed at once this is a different story, but the dates on the other profiles if there were any where well before the date on this pulse.

This is the reason they were removed.
It's a tradition in the Dutch Power Cows to save keys and a bunch of us pulsing on a set date. Not only in WP but also in the different distributing computing projects in which DPC is active in. It's kind of a trade mark for us cows.

You can find a lot of us DPC pulsing on the same date where these pulses have been deleted. Isn't it possible to re-investigate these pulses, after all, if they were cheaters we wouldn't be asking this:!:
02-02-2009, 10:31 AM
Users losing keys
bobL Wrote:Did you have a 3.7m pulse or were they several pulses deleted?

The admins and the anti-cheat team decide what is real and what is not and they do a damn good job of it. A few of them are developers too, but they don't suffer from erroneously high AVKPS...

There were several pulses deleted. It would almost seem as if anything I had pulsed since December 5 was deleted as the amount of keys was suddenly back at that amount or somewhere close to it.

I'm not going to argue that they don't do their job properly, but I use 2 profiles to pulse. I've never been accused of cheating before and I know (ofcourse you can't do anything but take my word for it) that I don't cheat! Heck I hate cheating as much as the next guy.

http://wp.osphp.net/serve/sig.png?usr=10...02-102-102
02-02-2009, 04:31 PM
Users losing keys
When the anti-cheat team looks at the average keys per second, they'll look at the average for the entire lifespan of the account, not just the averages on each pulse. We all know that due to the beta, those may come up inflated now and then, so that bit shouldn't get anything deleted.

I've been typing something around 50,000 keys on a typical day, but my overall KPS is just under 0.3 keystrokes per second, since it includes the hours I'm away from the computer.

I was not involved in these recent cases, however - so I can't say for sure what might have triggered the anti-cheat response. The most likely scenario was that someone looked at your overall average keys per second and removed the pulses that looked most suspicious. Of course, server errors aren't always out of the question. They do happen, just like corrupt tokens do.

[Image: XKalSig1.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-02-2009, 07:29 PM (This post was last modified: 02-03-2009 06:15 PM by X-Kal.)
Users losing keys
My account now http://whatpulse.org/stats/users/165678/
My account on google cache http://74.125.77.132/search?q=cache:CM_j...be&strip=0

3 Pulses with a very high AVKPS, but that was because I pulsed at the same time with 2 different profiles, nothing wrong with that.
Not my fault your people can't see that. But its not a server error for sure, because
only those pulses were removed.
02-02-2009, 11:07 PM
Users losing keys
bReChThOu Wrote:My account now h**p://whatpulse.org/stats/users/165678/
My account on google cache h**p://74.125.77.132/search?q=cache:CM_jGMpoAGAJ:whatpulse.org/stats/users/165678/normal/+whatpulse+165678&hl=nl&gl=be&strip=0

The pulses that were deleted were deleted because they were pulsed from the same profile at near-identical times, as is shown by Google Cache.

^ghost^'s post was exactly right, thank you for confirming that. Wink
02-03-2009, 06:18 AM
Users losing keys
bobL Wrote:The pulses that were deleted were deleted because they were pulsed from the same profile at near-identical times, as is shown by Google Cache.

^ghost^'s post was exactly right, thank you for confirming that. Wink

How exactly can you see from the Google cache on which profile he pulsed?

I still think this matter is unresolved and should be explained further. Human error or not, this could happen to anyone.

Anyway. I think the anti cheat team should keep a list with actions they have taken. Not necessarily for public view. If there are questions (like in this thread) a admin or mod could get a quick explanation from that list.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  my league of legends in-game clicks/keys aren't being shown on the website Apl 0 135 09-17-2019 05:17 PM
Last Post: Apl
  Top users from Country Statistics and %country_rank% is difference? taglife 1 3,390 03-06-2011 10:07 PM
Last Post: taglife
  Merge profile keys? citricsquid 10 9,672 06-25-2009 04:59 PM
Last Post: Century0
  Bug when sorting users by miles Bloopy 3 4,035 03-13-2009 11:51 AM
Last Post: smitmartijn
  Keys are gone.. bReChThOu 2 3,849 01-29-2009 06:26 AM
Last Post: X-Kal