WhatPulse Forums » Support » Client software v » Premium Windows Client Not Detecting Keystrokes or Clicks Welcome back, Guest.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Premium Windows Client Not Detecting Keystrokes or Clicks
03-25-2014, 12:21 PM (This post was last modified: 03-25-2014 12:25 PM by CyrixInstead.)
Question Premium Windows Client Not Detecting Keystrokes or Clicks
Hi,

I upgraded to the premium service today and whilst in the settings to refresh my premium membership in the client, I decided to enable the 'Run as Administrator'. I restarted the client and it stopped detecting key presses and mouse clicks. The red blink in the icon never happens and the stats stay at zero.

Disabling the option and restarting the client has not worked. A PC restart hasn't helped. I've tried uninstalling the client and deleting local settings, but I am logged back in now and it's still not detecting anything.

I am actually accessing my PC through remote desktop. The local version of WhatPule is stopping as expected, and restarting it restarts stat counting as normal. It's the remote client not detecting anything.

I also installed a load of Windows updates yesterday, so don't know if that is related?

1) WhatPulse 2.3.1.

2) Windows 7 Enterprise x64.

3) I am logged in using an administrator account. UAC is disabled as I'm in a corporate environment.

4) No error messages, simply not detecting any keystrokes or clicks.

5) McAfee 8.8 Enterprise antivirus; EMET notifier 3.0.0; Forefront TMG client installed but disabled. Internet access auto detects successfully (well it did, it doesn't bother pulsing now there's nothing to pulse).

Many thanks to anyone who can offer any advice.

~Cyrix

\Edit - I've attached my log file as a .txt

Attached File(s)
.txt  app.txt (Size: 6.38 KB / Downloads: 295)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-25-2014, 12:34 PM
RE: Premium Windows Client Not Detecting Keystrokes or Clicks
Hi,

The client does not count remote desktop connected sessions on purpose, as it can only count the keys/clicks generated by the keyboard/mouse.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-25-2014, 12:44 PM
Hi there,

As far as I am aware it is only the local client that does not detect keys/clicks, and this is to prevent cheating i.e. counting everything on the local and remote clients. I often work from home and I don't ever seem to remember having a problem in the past?

However, should it in fact be the remote client that does not detect the keys/clicks, then my real problem is the local client (my laptop).

When first loading WhatPulse on my local PC it detects everything fine. Once I go into an RDP session however, it stops incrementing the counters, although it does still blink red in the tray. If I restart the local client it detects again, until I go back into the RDP session.

I thought this was by design?

As it stands, I am not getting any detected keys/clicks in either my local client of the remote client. Surely this is not right?

Thanks,
Cyrix
Find all posts by this user
03-28-2014, 09:48 PM
When you login to a computer via RDP/VNC/whatever and it has WhatPulse running, the input will not count on that computer.

If you also have a WhatPulse client running on the computer with which you're doing the logging into (and are physically located behind its keyboard), that client will continue to count.

If the tray icon is blinking, it is counting, there's pretty much no other way. The cheat preventions happen before it gets to the point where it blinks the icon. If you're seeing a blinking icon, the client is counting those keys/clicks.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Importing key clicks between computers wolverinepeltz 0 242 03-07-2021 06:34 PM
Last Post: wolverinepeltz
  client 3.0 behind sniffing corporate proxy cannot pulse drdamour 5 929 02-04-2021 04:35 AM
Last Post: Bloopy
  Client 3.0 Window opens on startup despite setting it not to XeaLouS 4 968 01-17-2021 12:08 PM
Last Post: smitmartijn
Bug WIndows High CPU Usage necenzurat 15 11,091 01-17-2021 12:08 PM
  Whatpulse Client and Windows 10 (20H2) d3FC0N 3 1,225 12-29-2020 12:54 PM
Last Post: d3FC0N
  WhatPulse hangs and crashes on Windows startup td95 0 1,023 08-17-2020 07:20 AM
Last Post: td95
  Lastest Windows Build Breaks WinPcap Drake356 1 1,711 03-04-2020 07:26 PM
  Keys & Clicks not recording anymore DJLunacy 0 1,846 05-08-2019 05:05 PM
Last Post: DJLunacy
  Mac client causing latency every ~10 seconds bryandh 10 8,080 03-09-2017 04:50 PM
Last Post: DJLunacy
Information [CLOSED] Mouse distance counter in Windows client. TigraPolosatiy 1 2,503 02-27-2017 05:30 PM