WhatPulse Forums » Community » Beta client » Archive v » OS X Mavericks Welcome back, Guest.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
OS X Mavericks
10-25-2013, 07:58 PM
OS X Mavericks
OS X Mavericks can't seem to get the network devices list or it says that it doesn't have an IP (n/a).

I think Whatpulse tries to look for a network while my Mac hasn't even finalized the network connection yet.

Even a restart of Whatpulse won't help, it keeps using the old list (tested with device name change).

Maybe it's an idea to refresh the list a few times (e.g. every 30 seconds) when there is no active device.

This also happens on older versions of Whatpulse.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-25-2013, 08:18 PM
RE: OS X Mavericks
Quote from the thread you posted in earlier: Mavericks isn't supported yet.

Having said that, I did not have to do anything to the networking to get it working, it works as it is.

Networking devices get refresh every minute when pcap is enabled/allowed and every 15 minutes if pcap is not enabled/allowed. Most likely you need to run the ChmodBPF script to fix this.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-25-2013, 08:21 PM (This post was last modified: 10-25-2013 08:24 PM by tim95.)
Thanks, going to try the ChmodBPF script. Seems that the download link doesn't work but found it in /Library/StartupItems/

"The attachment is invalid, please inform admin (Could not open file: /home/www/whatpulse.org/www/kb/attachments/c4143/fb166/899f1/c1020bec4e8c02cf9)"
10-26-2013, 02:35 PM
Thanks for the notice, just fixed the attachment.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-26-2013, 06:24 PM
Just thought I'd let you know that Whatpulse works well for me on Mavericks (on both an iMac and a MacBook Pro). It does occasionally crash silently, but this also happened on Mountain Lion.