WhatPulse Forums » Support » Website v » Cannot access forums - 2 character username Welcome back, Guest.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Cannot access forums - 2 character username
06-12-2013, 06:10 AM (This post was last modified: 06-12-2013 06:17 AM by G4_.)
Cannot access forums - 2 character username
Hello everyone.

I've been a member on my main account for over 6 years. I discovered recently that I am unable to access the forums on that account, as I get some parser error before the page is even loaded. I'm an intermediately skilled hobbyist programmer so I know that my two-character name is bugging up the system. And, as you can see, I do indeed have a two-character username that I acquired some time ago. This was either before the three-character minimum limit was instituted, or was some sort of fluke. Either way, I am prevented from entering the forums.

However, I adore my username on my WhatPulse account since 99% of the places where I use this name, I have to tack on an ugly underscore (as I've done on this temporary account). Some time ago I was lucky (or unlucky in this case) enough to not be forced to do that.

I was originally trying to come to the forums for help regarding something else, but I feel like this is slightly more troublesome than my earlier problem!

If this could be fixed, that would be wonderful. If not, I guess I will be stuck using this alternate account strictly for forum-going in the future.

edit: For reference, here is the page displayed when I try to access the forums on my main account. Sorry for the browser clutter!
http://i.imgur.com/9j9kJSI.png
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-13-2013, 09:53 PM
RE: Cannot access forums - 2 character username
Hi,

I have changed the forum single sign on bit so that it allows existing usernames..you should be good to go!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-15-2013, 05:51 AM
RE: Cannot access forums - 2 character username
(06-13-2013 09:53 PM)smitmartijn Wrote:  Hi,

I have changed the forum single sign on bit so that it allows existing usernames..you should be good to go!

Reporting in! Your fix worked. Thanks so much Angel
Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Username issues/ login issues Chandler789 2 3,961 02-19-2013 06:54 PM
Last Post: Chandler
  Looking for old username amiar 4 4,879 04-18-2012 02:39 PM
Last Post: Century0
  Twitter Character Count Issues JJJJust 1 3,415 03-02-2011 04:02 PM
Last Post: JJJJust
  Can I change my username? Jaume 9 9,426 07-11-2010 04:50 AM
Last Post: Jaume
  Signing up to forums : No Activation message c-smith 14 9,987 05-03-2009 06:25 PM
Last Post: TempusV