WhatPulse Forums » Community » Beta client » Archive v » 2.1b3 issues Welcome back, Guest.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
2.1b3 issues
04-19-2013, 05:25 PM
Bug 2.1b3 issues
Apologies if this has been posted before but I am posting here, to comment on 2 bugs I seem to have noticed in the latest beta.
#1. I notice the keyboard heatmap seems to not register data for some keys. For example, the arrow keys, insert, home, delete,end,page up, page down. When I hit these keys the overall keycount increments but the heatmap doesn't change. I only updated to 2.1b3 (from 2.0.4) earlier this week and I believe it was working just fine before updating, judging by my week's/month's heatmap.
#2. Sometimes it seems to mysteriously stop tracking (at least) network data only for me to find out far too much later...this has happened at least once.

I'm running Windows 7 Home Ed.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-21-2013, 04:16 PM
RE: 2.1b3 issues
*bump*
Also, I guess it doesn't matter much but it seems that when I press "Alt" the tray icon doesn't blink as usual but it still counts the key.
04-21-2013, 07:41 PM
#1: Not all keys are defined on the heatmap, so it can 'skip' some keys. They are counted to the totals though.
#2: If your network connections gets dropped, it can stop tracking, but it will restart itself after a few minutes.

Also, if the key is counted, the tray icon will blink..there isn't much wayroom in there, programmatically.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-22-2013, 01:02 PM (This post was last modified: 04-22-2013 04:11 PM by PalkiaX50.)
(04-21-2013 07:41 PM)smitmartijn Wrote:  #1: Not all keys are defined on the heatmap, so it can 'skip' some keys. They are counted to the totals though.
#2: If your network connections gets dropped, it can stop tracking, but it will restart itself after a few minutes.

Also, if the key is counted, the tray icon will blink..there isn't much wayroom in there, programmatically.

Well, thanks for replying. How is it though that my arrow keys were definitely being tracked on the map in 2.0.4 but not in 2.1b3? Also, is there any plan to fix this issue of the map in the upcoming (or any future) version?
Oh and about the network stats, I can almost assure you my connection wasn't getting dropped. I guess you (people in general) could argue I can't truely "prove" to you that it just stopped working but hey, I'm an honest guy and what I'm gonna say here is true:
look here, at my pulse history - http://whatpulse.org/stats/users/295094/...ek/#pulses
Scroll down just a little bit and notice how there is a stream of pulses with 0.00MB UL/DL. I can tell you for a fact that for one thing I was mostly playing Guild Wars 2, an MMO, during that time. Possibly checking facebook and stuff a little here and there too. So there is no way my network usage was really 0.

EDIT: To clarify, when UL/DL stops being tracked, for whatever reason, I'm having to restart whatpulse to fix it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  2.1b1 Minor issues AmpliDude 1 2,730 04-06-2013 05:28 PM
Last Post: smitmartijn