WhatPulse Forums » Community » Beta client » Archive v » 2.1b1 stops recording keys and clicks Welcome back, Guest.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
2.1b1 stops recording keys and clicks
03-20-2013, 12:26 AM (This post was last modified: 03-21-2013 07:18 PM by smitmartijn.)
2.1b1 stops recording keys and clicks
Has been problem for all of the 2.x releases for me so thought I mention that it still persists. The only things that I can think of specifically that might trigger it are putting my laptop in sleep mode or launching a DirectX game, though I honestly don't know what the trigger(s) are. Glad the input freezing is gone and being able to see the blinks helps me know when it stops working.

I uninstalled the old version completely before installing the beta. I'm running 64-bit Windows 7 as Administrator. Checking app.log doesn't have anything useful when it stops working, just the database backup messages. Restarting the client fixes it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-20-2013, 04:59 PM
RE: 2.1b1 stops recording keys and clicks completely
Can you try to edit this registry key, or add it (dword) if it does not exist:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\

LowLevelHooksTimeout=10000

You do need to reboot Windows before it takes an effect, so do it when you have to reboot anyway. This basically increases a timer that Windows uses to prune away global input hooks, but Windows is often wrong on what is an inactive hook..If this works for you, I can move some stuff around to fix that.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-21-2013, 09:45 AM
RE: 2.1b1 stops recording keys and clicks completely
(03-20-2013 04:59 PM)smitmartijn Wrote:  Can you try to edit this registry key, or add it (dword) if it does not exist:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\

LowLevelHooksTimeout=10000

You do need to reboot Windows before it takes an effect, so do it when you have to reboot anyway. This basically increases a timer that Windows uses to prune away global input hooks, but Windows is often wrong on what is an inactive hook..If this works for you, I can move some stuff around to fix that.

Hey, this actually solved my problem. I'll do some further testing but my keys are being tracked nicely now. Thanks. Smile

[Image: 2842.jpg]
WhatPulse 2.1.1 on Win7 SP1 x64, admin mode
Logitech Gaming Software 8.46.27 controls a G110 keyboard and G500 mouse
03-21-2013, 11:58 PM
RE: 2.1b1 stops recording keys and clicks
It's been a day and so far there have been no recording failures from playing games yet. The app.log file also used to stop recording the database messages, but now it has been updating every 5 minutes for almost a day. Maybe that's a different issue, but hopefully this registry change really fixed this problem. Smile

However, this fix does not resolve the issue where the client stops recording when I put my laptop to sleep and resume using it later. Looks like that's a separate issue.
04-06-2013, 05:37 PM
RE: 2.1b1 stops recording keys and clicks
I have included a fix for the timeouts (which the registry key also fixes) in the upcoming b3 client..the hibernation thing seems like the same thing, except you can't fix that with that registry key. The 10000 stands for 10 seconds, which means you'll see the client remain counting if you go to sleep and wake up again all without those 10 seconds..which is not really possible. ;-)

Instead, I'll just reset the input hook when waking up in b3.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Geek window's keys per second are inaccurate Robby250 1 2,321 09-26-2014 04:09 PM
Last Post: smitmartijn
  2.1b remapped keys doesn't count mtm5925 8 5,609 03-29-2013 10:59 PM
Last Post: Bloopy
  2.1b1 not counting keys and sometimes clicks defurious 2 3,853 03-20-2013 08:52 AM
Last Post: defurious
  Mouse/touchpad scrolling also counted as clicks? maew 9 7,083 11-27-2012 09:39 PM
Last Post: FamilienVater
  Stops counting keys and clicks Chasingu 1 2,457 11-17-2012 04:02 AM
Last Post: Chasingu