WhatPulse Forums » Community » Beta client » Archive v » 2.1b1 not counting keys and sometimes clicks Welcome back, Guest.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
2.1b1 not counting keys and sometimes clicks
03-17-2013, 11:19 AM
2.1b1 not counting keys and sometimes clicks
I was having key counting problems back in 2.0.4 but after updating to the beta its just gotten worse.

Back in 2.0.4 the key counter was lagging behind thus I wasn't getting accurate counts but I didn't mind it too much because even I wasn't aware of my actual key count. Now with the new beta installed it won't count at all. Based on the tray icon activity blinkers, it seems to be stuck for good.

I've tried running it off and on administrator mode and it didn't make any difference. This is on Windows 7 SP1 64bit. Also tried it without running Logitech Gaming Software which is for my G110 keyboard.

I also noticed that when some windows are active, both mouse and keyboard indicators on the tray icon stay on. It's actually happening now as I type this in Chrome. Everything I've done so far in this window has not been tracked. But click counting is fine again once I move to a native Windows app like explorer or notepad. Except for key counting.

There's also a delay when updating the tray icon popup when you hover over it.

[Image: 2842.jpg]
WhatPulse 2.1.1 on Win7 SP1 x64, admin mode
Logitech Gaming Software 8.46.27 controls a G110 keyboard and G500 mouse
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-19-2013, 07:17 PM
RE: 2.1b1 not counting keys and sometimes clicks
Have you restarted the client after enabling the option? This is required for it to work. You should also get a UAC notification box when starting the client after enabling it.

There were no real changes (except to remove the lag) in the keyhook between the last few versions, so it doesn't make much sense that it differs between versions.

And when you say lag behind, I think you mean that the geek/main window don't update instantly, what's true, because it updates every second, which can look like lag, I guess.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-20-2013, 08:52 AM
RE: 2.1b1 not counting keys and sometimes clicks
Yes, I have restarted the client several times in between changing options. I do get the UAC prompt. I've even tried running it in WinXP SP3 compatibility mode which didn't make a difference.

It's as if once I press any key the client thinks I'm holding down that key for a really long time. I notice it finally goes up one key press after about 15-20 minutes. Haven't testing exact time delay.

I am running Synergy and Phrase Express also but disabling these and even doing a diagnostic boot up with basic Windows services has not provided any improvement.

[Image: 2842.jpg]
WhatPulse 2.1.1 on Win7 SP1 x64, admin mode
Logitech Gaming Software 8.46.27 controls a G110 keyboard and G500 mouse
Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Geek window's keys per second are inaccurate Robby250 1 2,456 09-26-2014 04:09 PM
Last Post: smitmartijn
  2.1b1 stops recording keys and clicks Maverick 4 5,434 04-06-2013 05:37 PM
Last Post: smitmartijn
  2.1b remapped keys doesn't count mtm5925 8 5,852 03-29-2013 10:59 PM
Last Post: Bloopy
  Mouse/touchpad scrolling also counted as clicks? maew 9 7,358 11-27-2012 09:39 PM
Last Post: FamilienVater
  Stops counting keys and clicks Chasingu 1 2,536 11-17-2012 04:02 AM
Last Post: Chasingu