WhatPulse Forums » Community » Beta client » Archive v » Windows b5 client bugs Welcome back, Guest.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Windows b5 client bugs
10-13-2012, 05:39 PM
Windows b5 client bugs
What info exactly is required on that? I could probably get all of it on the spot.

Also, another bug: having the geek window and main window open simultaneously seems to count uptime twice as fast.

EDIT: This is all the info I have for the TP-Link Wireless USB Adapter; what of it do you need, and/or what more do you need?

[Image: NybRx.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-13-2012, 05:47 PM
Windows b5 client bugs
sellyme Wrote:Also, another bug: having the geek window and main window open simultaneously seems to count uptime twice as fast.

Which uptime, the total uptime or the application uptime?

sellyme Wrote:EDIT: This is all the info I have for the TP-Link Wireless USB Adapter; what of it do you need, and/or what more do you need?

That's enough, you only gave the name of the device earlier.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-13-2012, 05:56 PM
Windows b5 client bugs
Quote:Which uptime, the total uptime or the application uptime?

The Total Uptime on the Overview tab is unaffected, as are the Current Uptime, Longest Uptime, and Average Uptime stats on the Uptime tab, but Total uptime on the Uptime tab and the uptime in my pulses is doubled whenever I have both windows open. Curiously it's also saying I've rebooted twice (when I installed it it said "1", which appeared to be the reboot before the uptime period in which I installed it), even though I haven't rebooted since install. (ohey it crashed as I was checking)

According to the reboot calendar I rebooted twice within twelve seconds two days before I installed the program:

[Image: etRC1.png]

Note that the application "total time" is accurate.
10-14-2012, 12:10 PM (This post was last modified: 10-14-2012 12:15 PM by FamilienVater.)
Windows b5 client bugs
sellyme Wrote:Counter-Strike: Global Offensive [...] work fine

Can't confirm that... It stops the second I start CS:GO. (I have it on a second monitor)
AND after CS:GO crashed (it does so from the beginning... every third map change - not related to whatpulse) WhatPulse 2 did not pick up key counting. (it also does not pick up if the game is ended properly.
Maybe it's one of the following reasons:

* I use Vista 32bit
* The transition from the 3D enabled Windows-Desktop (I think it's called "Glass") to the standard Window-Drawing (the game needs 3D capabilities) somehow messes with Whatpulse -- I noticed the Geek Window becoming all black and not recovering after the game ended
* Steam? Steam-Game-Overlay?
* Input-Capturing of the game?
10-14-2012, 12:12 PM
Windows b5 client bugs
Does 1.7 continue to count?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-14-2012, 12:16 PM (This post was last modified: 10-14-2012 12:37 PM by FamilienVater.)
Windows b5 client bugs
smitmartijn Wrote:Does 1.7 continue to count?

In my case: yes, 1.7.1 still counts when running CS:GO

The same problem occurs when starting "Metro 2033" or "Global Agenda" via Steam. Both have Steam Overlay enabled and both are not Source-Engine-Games.

I just exited Steam and started "Fallout 3" --> Same problems, WP2 stops counting and has to be restarted.

[edit4] HA! Got it! Wink

-> Switching Vista to Classic Theming (the one without fancy window borders... it looks like XP then) and starting a game -- with or without steam -- solved it... WP2 continued to count!
10-14-2012, 12:22 PM
Windows b5 client bugs
sellyme Wrote:Cameron_D's server (Gigabit Ethernet, VMware PCI Ethernet Adapter - Packet Scheduler Miniport) isn't recognising bandwidth stats either.

About the same for me, I've got a Windows XP 32bit in a (Oracle) Virtual Box on my Linux Notebook to be able to read my Work-E-Mails (Outlook) and for the occasional IE-Only-Webapplications or IE-Tests of my own Websites...
It has two Network-Adapters which are not recognized (one maps the 1GBIt, the other the WLAN of the host). However, Application Totals show about 35MB (Caused by Opera)...
10-14-2012, 09:36 PM
Windows b5 client bugs
For the record, unless I say otherwise, every bug I report here occured on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1. Testing out the classic theme "fix" now.

And now for another bug! The autopulse settings don't save when the program crashes. It seems like those settings are kept in the memory of the program, perhaps it would be better if they were saved to a config file or something, that got updated whenever you click "Save", so as to keep settings after a program crash?

(Obviously the better solution is to stop the program from crashing, really, but still)
10-14-2012, 10:38 PM
Windows b5 client bugs
On thing in advance: I work in software development for over 12 years now (doing it as a hobby goes back far more) and one of the many parts of my current job is Quality Assurance... So... well... I might find some issues that might make me sound a bit picky... So, I just want to say it's nothing personal at all. It's just me doing as much as I can for a project I like very much! And by my experience even the smallest visible issues (like a line that's a bit too thick) can be symptoms of large problems...

A few strange things about which keys are counted - and which are not:

- Page up/down keys are not counted at all (same for Vista + XP -- can't test on mac because it's an old macbook that does not have the keys) The other for of that block are counted (Ins Del Pos1 End)

- Caps-Lock:
-- Vista: normal
-- XP: every keypress is counted twice
-- OSX: Only every second keypress is counted as one.

- Vista+XP: The combination Alt+Shift (in either order) is only counted as one keypress. If you combine it with Ctrl all three are only counted as one keypress, again, order doesn't matter. However Ctrl + Shift or Alt + Ctrl is fine. (This happens in about 90%+ of the cases I tested)

----

The keyboard heatmap somehow "freezes" if it's open during a day change. You have to close the main window and reopen it for the day change to happen (Vista + XP -- didn't have it open on my Macbook).

Another rather cosmetic thing I noticed: All the keys are red (-> color for "most often pressed") even if you start pressing some. They jumped to blue after I did about a hundred key presses (of course not all of them -- the ones I pressed were all kinds of colours as intended).
10-14-2012, 11:03 PM
Windows b5 client bugs
I tested autopulse for a bit:

Pulse on: No autopulse
Did not pulse (Success!)

Pulse on: Clicks = 5
Did not pulse.

Pulse on: Keys = 5
Did not pulse.

Pulse on: Clicks = 5; Uptime = 1 hour
Pulsed Download, Upload, and Uptime correctly

Pulse on: Download = 10MB; Upload = 15MB
Did not pulse

Pulse on: Download = 10MB; Upload = 15MB; Clicks = 5
Pulsed keys, clicks, uptime, and upload correctly. Pulsed 1MB for download. Did not reset Upload counter in client and let me pulse that same amount again. Next pulse with identical settings /did/ pulse download, and correctly reset it inside the client. Then subsequently stopped pulsing arbitrarily. Here's a screenshot of the upload total not resetting in my client, and the pulses artificially inflating: http://i.imgur.com/CJp7Y.png. Correct pulses would have been (from top to bottom), 5MB, 6MB, 28MB.

Pulse on: Download = 10MB; Upload = 15MB; Clicks = 5; Uptime = 1 hour
Did not pulse

Pulse on: Download = 10MB; Upload = 15MB; Keys = 5
Did not pulse.

Pulse on: Upload = 15MB; Clicks = 5
Did not pulse.

Pulse on: Download = 10MB; Clicks = 5
Did not pulse.
It seems that autopulse has completely stopped working at this point, I couldn't get it to pulse for anything, even previously "working" options.

As you can gather from the above, the autopulse is completely screwy. It should be noted that the program crashed after I finished messing around with these settings and tried to type out this post, so maybe Autopulse is the cause of that issue.

With regards to key combination issues: I'm experiencing the same alt+shift issue on Windows 7, but Shift+Alt records 2 key. This occurs with both sides of the keyboard.. I can also confirm that Ins/Del/Home/End work but Page Up and Down don't. Caps lock works fine on Windows 7.

Also, the keyboard heatmap doesn't seem to work for "week", "month', "3 months", "6 months", "year", and "all". It just shows me today's heatmap. Curiously, week says I haven't pressed [, ], or \, whereas the rest do... Or at least, did, until about ten seconds ago. What.

EDIT: autopulse errors may have been caused by a token issue. Will test the cause.

EDIT²: Familien, your solution for keys not counting in various games on Vista doesn't work for Source games on Windows 7.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  [SOLVED] Server Lost Client Token Inquizitor 3 1,872 04-12-2015 09:30 AM
Last Post: smitmartijn
  Windows Beta 7 Crash X-Kal 3 8,195 12-04-2012 09:52 PM
Last Post: X-Kal
  DLL errors on Windows XP sibberio 5 6,373 11-26-2012 09:35 AM
Last Post: sibberio
  Windows b7 - Small Network Tab Problem Alakon9x 2 4,060 11-25-2012 08:43 AM
  Windows b6 - program freeze issue (Windows XP and XP64) FamilienVater 6 7,043 11-24-2012 03:07 PM
  Windows b6 disk consumption Syfaro 6 6,091 11-08-2012 11:08 PM
Last Post: Syfaro
  Windows b6 - Crash On hibernate Alakon9x 3 5,050 11-06-2012 07:05 PM
Last Post: Alakon9x
  Windows b6 - Heatmap Issue Alakon9x 7 6,901 11-06-2012 06:58 PM
Last Post: Alakon9x
  Windows b6 - Network FamilienVater 4 4,997 10-30-2012 05:56 PM
  Bugs and feature for 2.0b5 - Mac OS X client bman4789 3 4,575 10-11-2012 06:17 PM