WhatPulse Forums » Feature requests » Client software v » Delete cheaters!!!!!! Welcome back, Guest.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Delete cheaters!!!!!!
10-30-2007, 11:01 PM
Delete cheaters!!!!!!
nemo, because some people, disable their miles. I have mine disabled, because it creates lag on my system.

~Century0
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-31-2007, 12:39 PM
Delete cheaters!!!!!!
Century0 Wrote:nemo, because some people, disable their miles. I have mine disabled, because it creates lag on my system.

~Century0

Ohhh... I didn't realize you could disable it. I see the option now. Anyways... There's gotta be another way to figure out the cheaters Sad
11-03-2007, 11:11 PM
Delete cheaters!!!!!!
Oh yeah, I forgot about that bit. Considering how little I use my mouse, I might consider disabling that bit, too.

We're working on ways to weed out the cheaters, and even better, how to make sure they don't cheat in the first place.

I'm hoping that when the 1.47 goes out of phase, we'll see a dramatic reduction. Then again, it would be nice if some of the cheaters would share their techniques with the staff, and maybe help us work on cutting back the amount of cheating... but that's probably too much to ask -_-

[Image: XKalSig1.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-16-2008, 06:53 AM
Delete cheaters!!!!!!
I know it's an old topic but I think it's still a problem (and it were still on page one in the forum category Tongue)

I think Whatpulse should get 3-5 users with some time on their hands and let them be able to warn and ban users who they think cheats (and work on the suspected cheaters thread). Active mods or users on the forum or irc for an example.
It's a fine line to be drawn to where a user is cheating or just a computer "geek/freak" Tongue but I believe someone have to do it, because in my mind there's just no whay for a user who's been registred for over 3 years or so to have over 2.5-3 kps, I mean that's just an insane amount of keys to keep up for that long time (imo).

Another "solution" to the problem where non-cheating users want to be able to compare to other non-cheaters could be to sort out users with kps lower than 0.5 / 1.0 / 1.5 (and so on) in the toplist. That way the most obvious cheaters is long gone with their insane kps average.
Not gone from the system or so, but at least a way for us to compare to each other with them out of the list.
02-16-2008, 11:10 AM
Delete cheaters!!!!!!
Quote:because in my mind there's just no whay for a user who's been registred for over 3 years or so to have over 2.5-3 kps

What about over a period of two months? My mate has 4.48 average keys per minute and
4.95 average clicks per minute (over the last two months) but all he does is play games. Seriously, thats all he does. Smile

* Pretty sure hes not cheating though Confused

Did you know that eating cheese can give you cancer?

If anyone cares, my Avatar has a name. It is Bob. Bob the fluffy thing.
02-16-2008, 01:18 PM
Delete cheaters!!!!!!
Quarzi's idea is very good, especially with the warns, but I don't think that normal users should be able to delete accounts..

But guys, first let's wait till 1.4.7 can't be used anymore and then make a new anti-cheat team Big Grin

I hate cheaters :evil:

[Image: 186449.jpg]
02-17-2008, 02:54 AM
Delete cheaters!!!!!!
I'm with Pimorez =)
When the old client can't be used no more the lists should have a major walkthrough, with or without the help from some trustworthy members / mods of the forum.

c-smith:
Keys Per Minute and Keys Per Second is quite the different =)
I have around 32 KPM and about 0.54 KPS.
I don't play much games tho, mostly chating and programing.
02-17-2008, 05:25 PM
Delete cheaters!!!!!!
Quarzi Wrote:I'm with Pimorez =)
When the old client can't be used no more the lists should have a major walkthrough, with or without the help from some trustworthy members / mods of the forum.

c-smith:
Keys Per Minute and Keys Per Second is quite the different =)
I have around 32 KPM and about 0.54 KPS.
I don't play much games tho, mostly chating and programing.

Hmm, now that I look closer at the post I can made it become increasingly clearer that my brain is not functioning.

I am stupid.

Did you know that eating cheese can give you cancer?

If anyone cares, my Avatar has a name. It is Bob. Bob the fluffy thing.
02-18-2008, 04:09 PM
Delete cheaters!!!!!!
Yes, your stupid =D

^^

But back ontopic: it's good if wasted/PinkFloyd really does something with this idea, because they also don't have so much time, and then the active users (that have the rights) can allready do some work for wasted and PinkFloyd Big Grin
Good for them, WhatPulse and us Smile

I hate cheaters :evil:

[Image: 186449.jpg]
02-19-2008, 05:18 AM
Delete cheaters!!!!!!
I was directed to this thread by a higher power for no particular reason... soo...

WHERE'S MY DAMN PINK PONY.