WhatPulse Forums » Community » Beta client » Archive v » Application info Welcome back, Guest.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Application info
11-12-2013, 07:19 PM
RE: Application info
(11-12-2013 03:54 PM)Megachip Wrote:  @Martijn what about giving the users with problems a debug version of wp which logs every problem/error/failure (or possible everything). We try our best to help to find the problem. Since we start this discussion for more a mouth ago, we got 3 new betas, but nothing new on this problem Sad
This should work did not solve the problem Sad

There are a few people with extra logging out there and I usually don't put those out in public. And to be honest, I can count the people having issues with this on one or two hands, so it's not a big priority. And if there's no mention of application information fixed in the changelogs of the betas, don't expect it to be magically solved, it doesn't work that way.

Like I said, I'm working with a few people to get some extra logging on the table.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-12-2013, 07:44 PM
Ok, your point... i do not know how many people having this problem, cause most of the users even not knowing there is a board or a private message system.

What do you mean with public? you should only give it to the users who had the problem to help you to fix it.

So we had to stay tuned and waiting until any news from you?
Find all posts by this user
11-18-2013, 06:46 PM
Alright, I could use some more people who run this one: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7766...ogging.exe

It'll output a lot more information about the process info retrieving in the app.log. If you want to run it, please remove your current app.log, put this .exe in your install dir and run it through CMD. Windows key + R -> cmd -> cd "C:\Program Files\WhatPulse2\" -> whatpulse-2.3b2-with-app-logging.exe -verbose

Note the -verbose at the end. Run it for about 30 minutes, exit it again, then send me the generated app.log.
11-19-2013, 12:01 AM (This post was last modified: 11-19-2013 01:23 AM by Inquizitor.)
(11-18-2013 06:46 PM)smitmartijn Wrote:  Run it for about 30 minutes, exit it again, then send me the generated app.log.

Ran the client you linked with -verbose on for nearly 30 minutes using Windows 8 professional, 64-bit. Here is my app.log file.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/232972/app.log
11-19-2013, 08:59 PM (This post was last modified: 11-19-2013 08:59 PM by smitmartijn.)
@Inquizitor: And that's on a computer which doesn't show any apps? Because that log looks perfectly fine and it sees apps..
11-19-2013, 09:01 PM (This post was last modified: 11-19-2013 09:11 PM by Inquizitor.)
(11-19-2013 08:59 PM)smitmartijn Wrote:  @Inquizitor: And that's on a computer which doesn't show any apps? Because that log looks perfectly fine and it sees apps..

Yes. That log is from my computer named AsusLaptop, which is not pulsing app information, despite settings being correct. :/
11-19-2013, 11:18 PM
If the problem is with pulsing, it would help if we pulse during those 30 mins wouldn't it?

[Image: 152857.jpg]
11-21-2013, 07:01 PM (This post was last modified: 11-21-2013 07:12 PM by Megachip.)
(11-19-2013 11:18 PM)Bloopy Wrote:  If the problem is with pulsing, it would help if we pulse during those 30 mins wouldn't it?
Possible... but didn't know if martijn will debug this too

Here's mine:
http://www.file-upload.net/download-8318...p.log.html

In a short overview, i can't see anything which is going wrong (hope you will see more). Application table is still empty.
@Martijn: If this is not too secret, when will this table be filled?

EDIT: Looks like my log missing the header. If you need it, I will try to regenerate.

EDIT 2: WinXP 64bit
11-23-2013, 03:12 PM
Ok, so it turns out that on some databases the upgrade process along the way was not fully executed so there was something missing in the applications table. Another cause was an older version of sqlite which didn't accept the query for the applications table insertions.

Both of these caused the applications table to be empty (which is seen in all your databases), which prohibited the client from uploading any apps to the website.

I've fixed both these two issues in 2.3b3 which is available now (http://whatpulse.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=3907).

Try it and let me know if it fixes it for you, or if we have to keep looking!
11-25-2013, 11:26 PM
(11-23-2013 03:12 PM)smitmartijn Wrote:  I've fixed both these two issues in 2.3b3 which is available now (http://whatpulse.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=3907).

Try it and let me know if it fixes it for you, or if we have to keep looking!
Working fine on P310, thx a lot. Will test the other machines too.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Lightbulb Application upload display suggestions Bloopy 7 7,615 09-10-2013 09:02 PM
Last Post: commentator
Bug Uploading of Application Info Not Working Inquizitor 8 7,467 08-11-2013 02:29 PM
Last Post: commentator
  Allowing Network bandwidth info meanboy2006 7 7,407 11-16-2012 05:52 PM
Last Post: shroker