WhatPulse Forums » Community » Beta client » Archive v » Application info Welcome back, Guest.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Application info
11-04-2013, 09:13 AM (This post was last modified: 11-07-2013 06:33 PM by smitmartijn.)
Application info
Still no applications showing on the latest pulse for my PC 'Bloopy at home', despite having 'upload application info' switched on. I've uploaded my database in case that's of any help.

[Image: 152857.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-06-2013, 01:13 PM
RE: WhatPulse 2.2.2b2
I am also not getting any application uploads to the website, is there any tests that you would like me to run? I'm more than happy to do so, just let me know.

[Image: 129549.png]
Find all posts by this user
11-06-2013, 01:38 PM
RE: WhatPulse 2.2.2b2
@Bloopy & ScannerWill, there is also a discussion about this problem, but still no solution :/
http://whatpulse.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=3492
11-07-2013, 06:48 PM
RE: Application info
Split this thread, as it doesn't have much to do with the current beta running, but let's see if we can make it any better.

I believe any failed uploads are caused by either missing application information (.exe Properties -> Details) or malformed uploads. The latter can be caused by extremely weird characters sent (inside your path, or username) to the website, but I haven't seen any of those lately. It's usually the first.

If you guys could upload your database (Settings -> Advanced -> Upload database), that'd be great. @Bloopy: you said you did, but there's nothing incoming from you, please try again. Also, please mind that the db upload doesn't handle proxies. Otherwise dropbox it or something.
11-08-2013, 10:37 PM
My database should be up now, at least that is what the beta client is telling me....

[Image: 129549.png]
11-08-2013, 10:40 PM
(11-07-2013 06:48 PM)smitmartijn Wrote:  I believe any failed uploads are caused by either missing application information (.exe Properties -> Details) or malformed uploads. The latter can be caused by extremely weird characters sent (inside your path, or username)
For me, it's none of these above... there must be a third problem.
Same application within same path is submitted on one pc but not on the other :/
11-09-2013, 01:23 AM
My database may have had upload problems because I'd used all my data allowance and my connection was throttled. I've uploaded it again, so let me know if you still haven't got it.

[Image: 152857.jpg]
11-09-2013, 03:28 PM
(11-08-2013 10:40 PM)Megachip Wrote:  For me, it's none of these above... there must be a third problem.
Same application within same path is submitted on one pc but not on the other :/

It will be, there is no other reason why it can not gather info. Mind that 'getting no app info' can also be a permission problem. Are you running the client as admin on the computer where it's not getting anything?

Bloopy Wrote:I've uploaded it again, so let me know if you still haven't got it.

Nope, only ScannerWill's so far.
11-11-2013, 12:47 PM (This post was last modified: 11-12-2013 04:13 PM by Megachip.)
(11-09-2013 03:28 PM)smitmartijn Wrote:  
(11-08-2013 10:40 PM)Megachip Wrote:  For me, it's none of these above... there must be a third problem.

It will be, there is no other reason why it can not gather info. Mind that 'getting no app info' can also be a permission problem. Are you running the client as admin on the computer where it's not getting anything?
Running as admin.
The info is gathered (at least in pending_application_stats) and the apps are shown within WP with correct name. The info is only not submitted or only partial submitted and i don't know why. But lets see, possible 2.3 will change something...
11-12-2013, 03:54 PM (This post was last modified: 11-12-2013 04:12 PM by Megachip.)
I found some time to test with 2.3b1.
System (P310) is WinXP 64bit SP2 latest patch level.

What WP shows:

.png  client.PNG (Size: 10.91 KB / Downloads: 289)
The table "pending_application_stats" has 39 entries until pulse.
the table "applications" is empty.
These are the settings of the client:

.png  settings.PNG (Size: 14.51 KB / Downloads: 275)

After pulse both tables are empty and the website told me:
"No application data found"

At least 9 of the tracked apps have full application info.

@Martijn what about giving the users with problems a debug version of wp which logs every problem/error/failure (or possible everything). We try our best to help to find the problem. Since we start this discussion for more a mouth ago, we got 3 new betas, but nothing new on this problem Sad
This should work did not solve the problem Sad

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Lightbulb Application upload display suggestions Bloopy 7 7,618 09-10-2013 09:02 PM
Last Post: commentator
Bug Uploading of Application Info Not Working Inquizitor 8 7,474 08-11-2013 02:29 PM
Last Post: commentator
  Allowing Network bandwidth info meanboy2006 7 7,410 11-16-2012 05:52 PM
Last Post: shroker