WhatPulse Forums » Community » General Discussion v » STOP! The current cheatreport/ban-system must change! your opinion is important! Welcome back, Guest.

Poll: What with the anticheater system?
The Topicstarter is right, change is needed to catch more cheaters
Everything is fine the way it is, let it all to the admin
I don't care / Don't want to make a choice about this
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
STOP! The current cheatreport/ban-system must change! your opinion is important!
10-24-2016, 09:49 PM (This post was last modified: 10-24-2016 09:53 PM by Century0.)
RE: STOP! The current cheatreport/ban-system must change! your opinion is important!
(08-23-2016 08:15 PM)smitmartijn Wrote:  System? There's a system? All joking aside; there's no system. The late PinkFloyd used to take it upon himself to tend to the 'Suspected Cheaters' thread and weed some of them out.

Ever since the client has had many improvements to stop people auto generating stats, the amount of people being able to do it has declined rapidly. With that fact, and the fact that I'd rather spend my time on stuff like the Dashboard and other improvements, no one is tending to that bit of the project.

We have been talking about a reporting system though, which would not really leave the possibilities of doing things to us only. The inner workings of that system is being hashed out, but it'll be here eventually. That should make things better for people who really pay attention to this topic, without creating a burden on staff.

That's basically the only thing I can say about it, as we still don't do time lines.

Elaborating on this (and knowing I'm reviving a dead thread), I have been extremely busy and unable to handle the thread like I used to with PinkFloyd. If you believe you've seen someone who you think is cheating, please feel free to contact me by email, the forums, or the website (userid 106529), and I will be happy to take a look at them. I just don't have the time anymore to crawl the users list like I used to and martijn needs to be able to focus on his work and the application/feature side of the project.

Thanks,
~Century0
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: STOP! The current cheatreport/ban-system must change! your opinion is important! - Century0 - 10-24-2016 09:49 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Change data directory? tigersfan 1 962 01-09-2017 04:26 PM
Last Post: smitmartijn
  thanks re: premium change Alie 1 1,308 04-25-2016 10:27 AM
  How do you change your password or even log out? Entegy 3 2,733 04-08-2014 06:59 PM
Lightbulb Two Suggestions To Stop Illegitimate Pulses Inquizitor 6 6,895 12-17-2013 02:04 AM
Last Post: newton
  Time for Change... bobL 22 16,814 02-25-2008 11:48 AM
Last Post: rickmans