WhatPulse Forums » Community » General Discussion v » Two Suggestions To Stop Illegitimate Pulses Welcome back, Guest.

Poll: Do you support these ideas?
Yes, I agree with both points
Yes, I agree with point 1
Yes, I agree with point 2
No, I do not support these ideas.
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Two Suggestions To Stop Illegitimate Pulses
12-17-2013, 02:04 AM
RE: Two Suggestions To Stop Illegitimate Pulses
(12-16-2013 03:33 PM)Inquizitor Wrote:  2. There should be a simple way for registered users to "flag" pulses that they think are illegitimate.

Flagged pulses could go into a moderation queue, and people who meet some criteria (registered for x years, x amount of forum posts, hand-picked by staff, etc.) could review the flagged pulses. If a flagged pulse gets a certain number of confirmations from different people who are eligible to vote on them, it would be removed (2 confirmations, maybe?).

Although most users don't cheat, it only takes a few to seriously mess up some statistics, as shown in this post by Sellyme.

I have to run it by Martijn, but I kind of want to take this and run with it. Might have a few changes to how it works, but I think a reporting system would be useful, and at some point be able to make stuff like cheating threads obsolete.

If it goes anywhere I'll ping you Inquizitor.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Two Suggestions To Stop Illegitimate Pulses - newton - 12-17-2013 02:04 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  STOP! The current cheatreport/ban-system must change! your opinion is important! bogy 6 17,633 10-24-2016 09:49 PM
Last Post: Century0
  Top pulses dl1000v 23 28,546 09-05-2012 02:02 AM
Last Post: X-Kal