WhatPulse Forums
Translation - Printable Version

+- WhatPulse Forums (http://whatpulse.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Feature requests (/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Client software (/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: Translation (/showthread.php?tid=766)

Translation - bladelm - 06-08-2009 09:08 AM

What about to translate Whatpulse to other language like czech, slovak etc...?

Translation - Shawn - 06-08-2009 10:48 PM

I suppose this would be helpful but it would be hard to keep it updated since I don't think any of the staff speak many languages.

Translation - Bloopy - 06-10-2009 02:00 AM

I think it would be reasonably easy. WhatPulse versions aren't released too often, and it's not a huge program. If the translations were in a config file of some sort, then users could easily help to do the translation. Then there could be some verification between a few speakers of the same language before it's included with the program.

Maybe every version of WhatPulse could be released on the forum first, with say a week deadline for users to make any new translations required, and if they don't meet the deadline, then their language doesn't get included.

Translation - bobL - 06-10-2009 05:27 AM

Languages will be included in future versions.

Translation - GottZ - 07-24-2009 10:32 PM

bobL Wrote:Languages will be included in future versions.

need german translation help then? Big Grin

Translation - Quarzi - 05-06-2010 12:21 PM

Google translate does a good job in translating but it's not perfect.
I have translated a few texts from wikipedia a while ago and the posts in this thread for fun just now and some sentences doesn't make any sense, words get thrown around in a sentence like someone is saying the line backwards.

This can easily be solved with users from the forum, me as an example, as a swede, i could translate the text in google translate and then read through it and correct errors.

Translation - Century0 - 05-07-2010 03:46 AM

We're more concerned with making a working Windows 7 client before we start putting together a language pack.

~Century0

Translation - gambiauser - 11-19-2011 10:18 AM

There is already dutch #happy