WhatPulse Forums
[Missing Feature] Not monetizing bridged internet connection! - Printable Version

+- WhatPulse Forums (http://whatpulse.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+--- Forum: Client software (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Thread: [Missing Feature] Not monetizing bridged internet connection! (/showthread.php?tid=6922)

[Missing Feature] Not monetizing bridged internet connection! - Wiloxe - 09-10-2015 12:39 PM

System Info:

- Windows 10 Professional 64 Bits.
- Latest version of WhatPulse (Looking for new update everyday)
- WinPcap correctly installed
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello. So i have both tested in admin and non admin mode and it won't register the bridged connection.
I even checked the forum for "Bridged Connection" on search with no results so i believe there should not be any reports of this before?

Screenshot included just in case if you need it.

Many Thanks -Wiloxe

[EDIT: Changed from Bug to Missing Feature]

RE: [BUG] Not monetizing bridged internet connection! - smitmartijn - 09-10-2015 05:22 PM

Hi Wiloxe,

Ever heard the expression "it's a feature, not a bug" ? Bridged connections are not measured because the client measures stats that you as the user generates. Traffic going over a bridged connection is not traffic that you generate, but someone/something generates when using your connection.

RE: [BUG] Not monetizing bridged internet connection! - Wiloxe - 09-10-2015 06:05 PM

(09-10-2015 05:22 PM)smitmartijn Wrote:  Hi Wiloxe,

Ever heard the expression "it's a feature, not a bug" ? Bridged connections are not measured because the client measures stats that you as the user generates. Traffic going over a bridged connection is not traffic that you generate, but someone/something generates when using your connection.

Hello smitmartijn.

So in other words i guess it should be changed to missing feature instead?

Thanks for replying Smile