WhatPulse Forums
[SOLVED] Question regarding re-formatting - Printable Version

+- WhatPulse Forums (http://whatpulse.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+--- Forum: Client software (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Thread: [SOLVED] Question regarding re-formatting (/showthread.php?tid=6877)

[SOLVED] Question regarding re-formatting - fractalsauce - 08-19-2015 09:05 AM

Hello all!

First post here. I've been using WhatPulse for the better part of this year and I'm loving it so far! I do apologize if any of these questions have been asked before. I've searched the forums but was unable to come up with anything.

I actually have 2 questions here:

1 - I am planning on my yearly re-format coming up soon. I just love that fresh computer feeling. And there's nothing like formatting and installing Windows and all of my programs from scratch. Everything just runs so much smoother you know?

Anyways, I just wanted to know if there is any sort of information or any specific files or folders that I need to save and push over to my new installation of WhatPulse before I do this.

2 - On a completely unrelated note: I've seen mention of miles traveled with your mouse. I've looked all over and I can't find this statistic anywhere. Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance!

RE: Question regarding re-formatting - smitmartijn - 08-19-2015 09:38 AM

Hi,

For 1) you would need to make a backup of the data files: http://help.whatpulse.org/kb/client/data-files

And for 2), the mentions of the miles traveled should be accompanied with a 'it's not supported anymore' message somewhere. That's why you cannot find the stat. :-)

RE: Question regarding re-formatting - fractalsauce - 08-19-2015 06:31 PM

Awesome thanks for the response!

One more question: Do I install WhatPulse and login and then replace the database files that were created? Or do I install, restore the backup files and then login? Just want to be sure before I mess anything up thanks!

RE: Question regarding re-formatting - smitmartijn - 08-19-2015 06:46 PM

It actually doesn't matter, as the client creates the files if it can't find them in the directory, but doesn't create them empty when installing.