WhatPulse Forums
WhatPulse 2.6b5 - Printable Version

+- WhatPulse Forums (http://whatpulse.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Community (/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Forum: Beta client (/forumdisplay.php?fid=74)
+---- Forum: Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=80)
+---- Thread: WhatPulse 2.6b5 (/showthread.php?tid=6407)

Pages: 1 2

WhatPulse 2.6b5 - smitmartijn - 04-24-2015 09:37 PM

Hi,

Beta 5 is here, with 2 very cool new features, an important fix from beta 4 and a bunch of other improvements. This will probably be the last beta before it is released, depending on how you guys get along with it, please let me know of any quirks!

Note: the QWERTZ layout has been removed from the selection until I can get a physical keyboard to test with.

When coming from 2.6b4, the updater should work on both Windows and OS X. Please go ahead and see how this works for you, I'm looking forward to get feedback, thanks!

Downloads:
- Windows: http://amcdn.files.whatpulse.org/beta/whatpulse-win-2.6b5.exe
- OS X: http://amcdn.files.whatpulse.org/beta/whatpulse-mac-2.6b5.dmg

Changes:

RE: WhatPulse 2.6b5 - Inquizitor - 04-24-2015 10:06 PM

Key combinations using alt aren't tracked. It seems that the alt key hasn't been counted for quite a while (since 2.0, at least).

Ctrl + W is not counted, either.

Apart from that, it seems to be pretty solid. I'll dig in deeper tonight.

Edit: It appears that control + alt + delete is registered as control + alt + escape.

RE: WhatPulse 2.6b5 - Robby250 - 04-24-2015 11:41 PM

The problem with whatpulse refusing to restart unless I reset the database every time seems to be solved now, even though it's not mentioned everywhere, it's probably related with the other database issues.

EDIT: It seems that after booting up the computer the next day, whatpulse once again refuses to boot at all unless I remove both the database and the .wpw, every time. The app log doesn't say anything about this. Here's the applog anyway: http://puu.sh/hq3LM/a66ebf161d.log

I'm also encountering the issues Inquizitor mentioned, and besides that it seems that the high contrast support that 2.6b4 had is gone in this version, can't see checkboxes anymore once again.

RE: WhatPulse 2.6b5 - _MaG_ - 04-25-2015 08:34 PM

There is problem with counting transfer on my Acer Iconia W700 wih Windows 10. WhatPulse doesn't count transfer. It doesn't show interfaces on Network tab.

RE: WhatPulse 2.6b5 - Inquizitor - 04-25-2015 09:05 PM

(04-25-2015 08:34 PM)_MaG_ Wrote:  There is problem with counting transfer on my Acer Iconia W700 wih Windows 10. WhatPulse doesn't count transfer. It doesn't show interfaces on Network tab.

I had this same issue, but I resolved it by closing WhatPulse, uninstalling WinPcap (used for counting upload/download) and reinstalling it.

RE: WhatPulse 2.6b5 - 00Eraser00 - 04-27-2015 07:48 AM

(04-24-2015 10:06 PM)Inquizitor Wrote:  Key combinations using alt aren't tracked. It seems that the alt key hasn't been counted for quite a while (since 2.0, at least).

Edit: It appears that control + alt + delete is registered as control + alt + escape.

For me those keys are counted just fine with Win7 x64.

RE: WhatPulse 2.6b5 - Megachip - 04-27-2015 11:47 AM

(04-24-2015 09:37 PM)smitmartijn Wrote:  Note: the QWERTZ layout has been removed from the selection until I can get a physical keyboard to test with.
Are you in Berlin in next times? If not, pm me your address. I home amazon delivers to Netherlands?

(04-24-2015 10:06 PM)Inquizitor Wrote:  Key combinations using alt aren't tracked. It seems that the alt key hasn't been counted for quite a while (since 2.0, at least).

All fine on OS X.

RE: WhatPulse 2.6b5 - smitmartijn - 05-03-2015 10:05 AM

The Alt key itself is not tracked, but combinations involving the alt key are tracked? Do you have a mapping for your alt key that translates it to something else? Same question for the ctrl+w (as I assume ctrl+c is tracked?).

(04-24-2015 10:06 PM)Inquizitor Wrote:  Edit: It appears that control + alt + delete is registered as control + alt + escape.

Same question about the mapping (does count here on OSX and Windows).

RE: WhatPulse 2.6b5 - smitmartijn - 05-03-2015 10:11 AM

(04-27-2015 11:47 AM)Megachip Wrote:  Are you in Berlin in next times? If not, pm me your address. I home amazon delivers to Netherlands?

It'll be a while before I get to Berlin again, but I'll gladly accept your offer (saves me the effort). Will take it into PM.

RE: WhatPulse 2.6b5 - Megachip - 05-04-2015 05:07 AM

WP seems not scaling correctly on high res windows (2880x1800).

Buttons are to big, some text is too small (unreadable) etc.