WhatPulse Forums
Whatpulse Should be Available on Tablets, iPods and Phones - Printable Version

+- WhatPulse Forums (http://whatpulse.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Feature requests (/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Client software (/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: Whatpulse Should be Available on Tablets, iPods and Phones (/showthread.php?tid=4862)

Whatpulse Should be Available on Tablets, iPods and Phones - Tealdragon204 - 05-01-2014 02:26 AM

Thread subject says it all

RE: Whatpulse Should be Available on Tablets, iPods and Phones - London_Ash - 05-02-2014 03:55 PM

Asked many times before.

It's very difficult due to the way the input works.

RE: Whatpulse Should be Available on Tablets, iPods and Phones - Century0 - 05-03-2014 02:24 PM

Not possible to prevent cheating or secure the program appropriately. You also have issues with the sand boxing of applications on tablets and phone operating systems.

~Century0

RE: Whatpulse Should be Available on Tablets, iPods and Phones - grand.angus - 06-26-2014 06:48 AM

I would love to have this on my Android, I wouldn't be surprised if I type more on my phone than I do on my computer at times.

RE: Whatpulse Should be Available on Tablets, iPods and Phones - Johners - 06-26-2014 11:06 AM

Would it be possible to have it do only Uptime, Upload and Download?

RE: Whatpulse Should be Available on Tablets, iPods and Phones - gudbrand - 06-26-2014 04:25 PM

i have it running on my asus t100, which is a windows tablet.

Whatpulse doesn't register taps, nor keys from the touch keyboard. Maybe that should get fixed first.

RE: Whatpulse Should be Available on Tablets, iPods and Phones - newton - 06-26-2014 11:08 PM

(06-26-2014 04:25 PM)gudbrand Wrote:  i have it running on my asus t100, which is a windows tablet.

Whatpulse doesn't register taps, nor keys from the touch keyboard. Maybe that should get fixed first.

"fix" isn't correct because it's not a bug. You're using it on a tablet, which WhatPulse just does not support right now.

That said, definitely sounds doable vs. Tealdragon204's suggestion.

RE: Whatpulse Should be Available on Tablets, iPods and Phones - linkops - 07-26-2014 12:48 PM

(06-26-2014 11:08 PM)newton Wrote:  "fix" isn't correct because it's not a bug. You're using it on a tablet, which WhatPulse just does not support right now.

Considering the way technology is going it certainly needs to be done. Windows Tablets are actually just a laptop with a touchscreen input.

However i do see the challenges this produces for WhatsPulse as each click on the application keyboard will almost certainly be registered as a click of the mouse too.