WhatPulse Forums
Internet Speed Tests :P - Printable Version

+- WhatPulse Forums (https://whatpulse.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Community (https://whatpulse.org/forums/forum-34.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://whatpulse.org/forums/forum-52.html)
+--- Thread: Internet Speed Tests :P (/thread-372.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Internet Speed Tests :P - Century0 - 08-04-2008

Ok, it's time for the e-Peen award for which Whatpulse user has the best internet connection speed. Just link your results from Speedtest.net (use whatever server you wish) and whoever has the best...bam, you win.

[Image: 305107768.png]

~Century0

Internet Speed Tests :P - Quarzi - 08-04-2008

[Image: 304777696.png]

Although I do prefer the 100/100 fiber optic line in my old apartment instead if of this DSL one.

Internet Speed Tests :P - Century0 - 08-05-2008

Quarzi Wrote:[Image: 304777696.png]

Although I do prefer the 100/100 fiber optic line in my old apartment instead if of this DSL one.

Not fair...damn sweds. Sad

~Century0

Internet Speed Tests :P - X-Kal - 08-05-2008

I remember doing one of these...

[Image: bandwithtest.png]

Internet Speed Tests :P - MyNameDidntFit - 08-05-2008

I don't even both with these... Unless the scoring is like golf I have no chance.

Internet Speed Tests :P - Shawchert - 08-09-2008

[Image: 306778755.png]

haha but you know what? I'm not that biothered by being "Slow"

Internet Speed Tests :P - X-Kal - 08-09-2008

Well, all of this is still faster than the dialup I had back in 2003. Honestly, dialup isn't nearly as bad as it may seem - though I suppose there are certain things that'd just be horrendous to download, these days. For most browsing, it just takes a different kind of thinking to get you through. If you're the type that uses tabbed browsing, it's just a matter of making sure that you're juggling several tabs at once - for me, I spent more time reading than loading new pages, and that helped me out alot.

(Of course, I had to use Internet Explorer back then, but even so, I had multiple browser windwows open at once)

Internet Speed Tests :P - Quarzi - 08-09-2008

Hehe, I remember back in -96 when I had 28.8k modem and played diablo 1 all night long.
Surfing on pr0n sites were a bit challenging too 8-)

Damn those bills were huge Tongue
Got a lot cheaper in -99 when I got 0.5/0.5 Mbit "broadband" =)

Internet Speed Tests :P - X-Kal - 08-10-2008

Quarzi Wrote:Hehe, I remember back in -96 when I had 28.8k modem and played diablo 1 all night long.
Surfing on pr0n sites were a bit challenging too 8-)

Damn those bills were huge Tongue
Got a lot cheaper in -99 when I got 0.5/0.5 Mbit "broadband" =)

Hey, I surfed astronomy sites all the time, and they had "high-resolution" photographs, too! Wink

*AND* I streamed audio feeds from a really neat radio station out of Gloucester, Massachusetts. Too bad they switched genre - went from classical/jazz to oldies?!?!? Sad

Internet Speed Tests :P - Century0 - 08-10-2008

Lol, only you X-Kal. And god, don't remind me of internet gaming on a 56k... /wrist.

~Century0