WhatPulse Forums
OS X Mavericks - Printable Version

+- WhatPulse Forums (http://whatpulse.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Community (/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Forum: Beta client (/forumdisplay.php?fid=74)
+---- Forum: Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=80)
+---- Thread: OS X Mavericks (/showthread.php?tid=3707)

OS X Mavericks - tim95 - 10-25-2013 07:58 PM

OS X Mavericks can't seem to get the network devices list or it says that it doesn't have an IP (n/a).

I think Whatpulse tries to look for a network while my Mac hasn't even finalized the network connection yet.

Even a restart of Whatpulse won't help, it keeps using the old list (tested with device name change).

Maybe it's an idea to refresh the list a few times (e.g. every 30 seconds) when there is no active device.

This also happens on older versions of Whatpulse.

RE: OS X Mavericks - smitmartijn - 10-25-2013 08:18 PM

Quote from the thread you posted in earlier: Mavericks isn't supported yet.

Having said that, I did not have to do anything to the networking to get it working, it works as it is.

Networking devices get refresh every minute when pcap is enabled/allowed and every 15 minutes if pcap is not enabled/allowed. Most likely you need to run the ChmodBPF script to fix this.

RE: OS X Mavericks - tim95 - 10-25-2013 08:21 PM

Thanks, going to try the ChmodBPF script. Seems that the download link doesn't work but found it in /Library/StartupItems/

"The attachment is invalid, please inform admin (Could not open file: /home/www/whatpulse.org/www/kb/attachments/c4143/fb166/899f1/c1020bec4e8c02cf9)"

RE: OS X Mavericks - smitmartijn - 10-26-2013 02:35 PM

Thanks for the notice, just fixed the attachment.

RE: OS X Mavericks - JOE95443 - 10-26-2013 06:24 PM

Just thought I'd let you know that Whatpulse works well for me on Mavericks (on both an iMac and a MacBook Pro). It does occasionally crash silently, but this also happened on Mountain Lion.