WhatPulse Forums
WhatPulse 2.2b5 - Printable Version

+- WhatPulse Forums (http://whatpulse.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Community (/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Forum: Beta client (/forumdisplay.php?fid=74)
+---- Forum: Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=80)
+---- Thread: WhatPulse 2.2b5 (/showthread.php?tid=3292)

WhatPulse 2.2b5 - smitmartijn - 08-28-2013 07:12 PM

Hi!

Hopefully ending a pretty long beta, I've just uploaded WhatPulse 2.2b5..which addresses some more stuff you guys reported, through the forums, messages, crash reports..for which I thank you and hope you keep it up! :-)

Downloads:
- http://files.whatpulse.org/beta/whatpulse-win-2.2b5.exe
- http://files.whatpulse.org/beta/whatpulse-mac-2.2b5.dmg
(due to OS troubles, no Linux yet! Will post asap)

Crash fixes:
- Safety fixes for input counter. Could cause crashes when typing very fast.
- Speed up database backups. Some people reported backup times of 15+ seconds, which should be limited to 1 second from now on. (long backup can lead to crashing)

Other fixes:
- Add sanity check for application uptime (if time goes backwards, don't freak out)
- Fix heatmap counting of arrows, page up/down, insert, delete, home and end.

New:
- Add option to disable pulsing on doubleclick on trayicon
- Disable tray menu when you're not logged in
- UI changes in (manual) upload of applications and database

Again, please upgrade and let me know what you think, thank you!

RE: WhatPulse 2.2b5 - London_Ash - 08-29-2013 10:21 AM

Nice one, I will check it out and let you know if I come into any issues.

EDIT: saw my ranks as I logged back on in the client and I am falling behind! I need to catch up! I think some of those people who signed up from the vsauce saga have started to catch up with my amount of keys! Gah!

RE: WhatPulse 2.2b5 - [NoV]LaZ - 08-29-2013 12:30 PM

(08-28-2013 07:12 PM)smitmartijn Wrote:  - Fix heatmap counting of arrows, page up/down, insert, delete, home and end.
Works like a dream Smile.

RE: WhatPulse 2.2b5 - London_Ash - 08-30-2013 08:56 AM

Yep, been using this for 24 hours now, no crashes and works very well.

RE: WhatPulse 2.2b5 - Dagorath - 08-31-2013 11:13 AM

Nice to see the arrow, and other keys working again on the heat map. Its all been working smoothly for me on 2.2b5. Smile

RE: WhatPulse 2.2b5 - Bloopy - 09-05-2013 02:41 AM

A long beta is much better than a wrong beta! I haven't had any more problems ignoring applications, but I can still cause crashes when switching quickly between today/year/all on the Applications page under the Input tab. Hopefully the crash logs help!

RE: WhatPulse 2.2b5 - smitmartijn - 09-06-2013 08:10 PM

(09-05-2013 02:41 AM)Bloopy Wrote:  but I can still cause crashes when switching quickly between today/year/all on the Applications page under the Input tab. Hopefully the crash logs help!

Well, I think I missed that one, because I can't recall this being reported, so I haven't addressed it yet. ;-)

I've wanted to put the refreshing in the background and disable the time selector when doing so..so that's what I just did. You don't notice it really on the per application tab, but the mouse heatmap can take quite long when you select all..that should be a smoother experience now.

RE: WhatPulse 2.2b5 - commentator - 09-08-2013 03:40 PM

b5 asked me to update to stable. After clicking on update/install/download ? now there is an error: "Kan het bestand updater.exe niet vinden. Controleer of u de naam juist hebt ingevoerd en probeer het daarna opnieuw"

RE: WhatPulse 2.2b5 - Bloopy - 09-09-2013 01:58 AM

(09-06-2013 08:10 PM)smitmartijn Wrote:  
(09-05-2013 02:41 AM)Bloopy Wrote:  but I can still cause crashes when switching quickly between today/year/all on the Applications page under the Input tab. Hopefully the crash logs help!

Well, I think I missed that one, because I can't recall this being reported, so I haven't addressed it yet. ;-)

I've wanted to put the refreshing in the background and disable the time selector when doing so..so that's what I just did. You don't notice it really on the per application tab, but the mouse heatmap can take quite long when you select all..that should be a smoother experience now.

The bug is still there in 2.2. I think it happens when the selected index in the 'All' list is larger than the total length of the 'Today' list. So it's not due to how fast I click the buttons.

I first reported the crash here, but without the crash reporter it probably wasn't very helpful:
http://whatpulse.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=3180&page=2#pid23520