WhatPulse Forums
HELP! AES function not available - Printable Version

+- WhatPulse Forums (http://whatpulse.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+--- Forum: Client software (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Thread: HELP! AES function not available (/showthread.php?tid=2948)

HELP! AES function not available - Lurtedeg - 04-27-2013 11:31 PM

So i just installed Whatpulse 2.1 on 2 servers with Windows 2008 R2 Enterprise x64 installed.

When i have installed Whatpulse 2.1 with WinPcap and try to start Whatpulse, i get this message:

AES failure - Whatpulse
AES function not available. Are libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll present? If not, try reinstalling

I have tried to re-installed Whatpulse and those 2 files are in the Whatpulse directory, but i still get that message

Things i have tried:

*Re-installing Whatpulse completely
*Tried 2 different servers with same OS and fully updated
*Restarted the servers
*Search on internet etc

Please help me and thanks for responses : )

RE: HELP! AES function not available - smitmartijn - 04-28-2013 01:53 PM

Servers OS are not officially supported, as WhatPulse is a desktop application - however it should still work.

Maybe the distributed dlls are incompatible with 2008R2, try to remove them from the install directory.

RE: HELP! AES function not available - Lurtedeg - 04-28-2013 08:08 PM

(04-28-2013 01:53 PM)smitmartijn Wrote:  Servers OS are not officially supported, as WhatPulse is a desktop application - however it should still work.

Maybe the distributed dlls are incompatible with 2008R2, try to remove them from the install directory.

I managed to fix it

1) Deleted Whatpulse 2.1

2) I installed Whatpulse 2.0.4 on the server

3) Started Whatpulse 2.0.4

4) Got the message "Error creating SSL context"

5) Installed the missing Visual Studio Redistributable from the link i got from this thread:
http://whatpulse.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=2148&pid=18940&highlight=SSL+context#pid18940

6) Logged in to my Whatpulse

7) Quit Whatpulse

8) Installed the new version 2.1

9) And everything works perfect Smile

And Thanks for answering smitmartijn Smile

RE: HELP! AES function not available - danieleg - 06-28-2013 07:49 AM

I had the same problem on one of my pc with windows xp. I followed the instruction of Lurtedeg and now all works fine! Thanks!