WhatPulse Forums
WhatPulse doesn't work properly, it won't track my keypresses and mouse activity. - Printable Version

+- WhatPulse Forums (http://whatpulse.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+--- Forum: Client software (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Thread: WhatPulse doesn't work properly, it won't track my keypresses and mouse activity. (/showthread.php?tid=2776)

WhatPulse doesn't work properly, it won't track my keypresses and mouse activity. - timvisee - 03-17-2013 02:09 PM

Hello,

I've WhatPulse running on my PC for a while right now but it has some problems. The point is that WhatPulse does not record/track my mouse movement and keypresses sometime. I don't know why and when it won't track my activity. I disabled WhatPulse fora few weeks because of the problems, but I enabled it again, it still has the same issues. It might be useful to know that it does work once it has been started, but it seems to fail after a while. I'm running a Windows 7 64-bit system btw.

I hope the issue can be fixed, or else the program is pretty much useless for me. But since I'm a developer, I love to see my typing statistics while programming haha.

Thanks in advance,
Tim Visée

RE: WhatPulse doesn't work properly, it won't track my keypresses and mouse activity. - smitmartijn - 03-19-2013 07:07 PM

Mouse movement has not been in WhatPulse 2, so it makes sense that it doesn't track it. For the other stuff; run the client as administrator. The next version will have an option to do that automatically.

RE: WhatPulse doesn't work properly, it won't track my keypresses and mouse activity. - timvisee - 03-19-2013 09:24 PM

Hello,

Thanks for your reply. I will make it run as Administrator, I hope that works. If it won't, I know where to post the problem haha.

Tim Visée

RE: WhatPulse doesn't work properly, it won't track my keypresses and mouse activity. - ssnake42069 - 03-21-2013 02:27 AM

running as administrator, uninstalling WinPCap, and running whatpulse with the UI minimized (not to tray), pretty much solves all the problems i have with 2.0.4.