WhatPulse Forums
Keyboard/Click-Count differs from website - Printable Version

+- WhatPulse Forums (http://whatpulse.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+--- Forum: Client software (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Thread: Keyboard/Click-Count differs from website (/showthread.php?tid=2696)

Keyboard/Click-Count differs from website - robzn - 02-24-2013 02:34 PM

When I was updating from 1.7 to 2.x I encountered a problem with the stats. The overall counter of the mainwindow doesn't match that from the website!
On the website I have got about 6.000.000 keyboard-hits, in the overview window at All-Time it totally differs and started counting @ zero

Every time I want so see my real stats, I have to visit the homepage.... Is there another way?

thx

RE: Keyboard/Click-Count differs from website - borandi - 02-24-2013 09:00 PM

The main window of the program shows your stats for that machine since your full last login. This is the intended usage. For all-time stats, you have to look at the website - the website keeps everything up to date in real time.

If the program kept everything up to date, imagine you had another pulse from another computer.
- The program on your machine you are currently at would be out of date
- AND in order to correct that it would have to poll the database every few seconds to find any updates.

This would cause a lot of undue stress on the server. Hence why global stats are to be found on the website.

RE: Keyboard/Click-Count differs from website - smitmartijn - 02-25-2013 07:44 AM

Your accounts total statistics are in the Account tab. The rest is computer specific.