WhatPulse Forums
Feature requests - Printable Version

+- WhatPulse Forums (http://whatpulse.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Community (/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Forum: Beta client (/forumdisplay.php?fid=74)
+---- Forum: Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=80)
+---- Thread: Feature requests (/showthread.php?tid=1854)

Pages: 1 2 3

Feature requests - X-Kal - 10-13-2012 04:30 AM

1) Geek window font & size tweak options. (The 1.7 geek window is much smaller...) And it'd be nice if we could change the window's color. And text color.
2) More stats on the geek window. Total key count, total mouse count, rank, keys last pulse
3) Autopulse disabled by default.
4) During the installation process, ask the user if they'd like to set up autopulse, and offer all the various options. (Among these options, of course, is the whole "do not autopulse" option)
5) Coffee maker. It'll help me out in the morning.
6) Allow weekly autopulsing. Monthly autopulsing. NOT ANNUAL.

Feature requests - sellyme - 10-13-2012 06:43 AM

X-Kal Wrote:1) Geek window [...] size tweak options.

Well, this already exists:

[Image: GLhE7.png]

It's, err... Not exactly pretty, but you can modify the size just by dragging the corners of the window around, like any other program. Haven't tested on OS X, though.

Feature requests - smitmartijn - 10-13-2012 09:07 AM

1,2) Geek window customisation will come in a later version.
3) Autopulse will stay on by default (we already voted on this one, remember?)
4) Not really possible and the entire options panel should be included then
5) Get a maid
6) There is weekly auto pulsing, there won't be longer options

Feature requests - X-Kal - 10-14-2012 07:30 AM

Vote? I do not recall a vote. But ok. As long as I can still sneak in & manually disable it, or set it to autopulse every ten trillion, I'm fine.

Ooh -- idea coming in from IRC: Ability to disable balloon notifications

Question: What does "Pulse on hour __" mean? I assume that hour 7 is 7 AM, and hour 14 is 2 PM. Is there a way to clear that up somehow? Also curious: I'm assuming that time is derived from the user's system clock, right? Curious.

Feature requests - smitmartijn - 10-14-2012 08:18 AM

X-Kal Wrote:As long as I can still sneak in & manually disable it, or set it to autopulse every ten trillion, I'm fine.

That's what the settings tabs are for. ;-)

X-Kal Wrote:Question: What does "Pulse on hour __" mean? I assume that hour 7 is 7 AM, and hour 14 is 2 PM. Is there a way to clear that up somehow? Also curious: I'm assuming that time is derived from the user's system clock, right? Curious.

All your assumptions are correct, so to me it passes as clear enough. :-)

Feature requests - X-Kal - 10-14-2012 11:45 PM

Nope. It's not clear. Make it better. o_O

Feature requests - sellyme - 10-15-2012 01:14 AM

Would be as simple as changing "on hour" to "at", and changing the display values in the drop-down list to 12AM, 1AM, 2AM, etc. It may be easy for X-Kal to guess what it means, but a lot of people are disturbingly stupid, so I think it should be made a bit clearer.

Feature requests - X-Kal - 10-15-2012 04:52 AM

sellyme Wrote:Would be as simple as changing "on hour" to "at", and changing the display values in the drop-down list to 12AM, 1AM, 2AM, etc. It may be easy for X-Kal to guess what it means, but a lot of people are disturbingly stupid, so I think it should be made a bit clearer.

Well put, selly. This is exactly why I'm bringing this up. (Although my brutal honesty might be a little less brutal) Tongue

I have a Master's Degree in Library and Information Science. In my very professional opinion, switching it to 12am, 1am, etc'. will make it more clear to the average user. Not making this switch will result in people coming here asking questions they shouldn't have to ask. It should just make sense at first glance.

Feature requests - FamilienVater - 10-15-2012 08:05 AM

X-Kal Wrote:switching it to 12am, 1am, etc'. will make it more clear to the average user. Not making this switch will result in people coming here asking questions they shouldn't have to ask. It should just make sense at first glance.

Sorry, but I have to disagree with that. It might be clear in the US or other English speaking countries - or... well... most people in IT, but not to the average users from my country or by my guess must people in Europe. They constantly have to ask what am/pm means and those little things like 12am/pm vs. 0am/pm add more to the confusion. 24h clock is free of those possible misinterpretations - and that's the reason why it's used in about every machine and simultaneously human readable format.
So what I'm trying to say is: that's what Internationalisation and Localisation were invented for: let people choose or better: take the OS' definded formatting rules the user has chosen for his or her whole computer. In most cases they are the right ones (not with my pc, but that's a whole new story Wink ).

Feature requests - Sc0tTy - 10-15-2012 08:27 AM

I don't use QWERTY as my key map. Can you guys add an option to select other keymaps. (I use Colemak)