WhatPulse Forums
Can't login - Printable Version

+- WhatPulse Forums (http://whatpulse.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Community (/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Forum: Beta client (/forumdisplay.php?fid=74)
+---- Forum: Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=80)
+---- Thread: Can't login (/showthread.php?tid=1848)

Pages: 1 2

Can't login - MattR - 10-11-2012 05:51 PM

Good start, using the Mac client, enter my details, says account or computer unknown. Changed my password, same deal.

New client looks awesome though! Just the shame I can't see to get into it Smile

Can't login - smitmartijn - 10-11-2012 06:08 PM

Hi,

According to the server, you're trying to login with your username - it should be your email address. I just saw that the text actually says '..enter your username and password..' and that the field says 'Email' - so I can see how that's confusing. Just fixed it for the next beta release. Thanks!

Can't login - HAROLD - 10-12-2012 11:49 PM

I have the same problem...

Login with email: Wrong password! Try agin.
Login with username: Account or computer unknown! Did you register?

:confused:

Can't login - smitmartijn - 10-13-2012 09:02 AM

You _need_ to login with your email address, so you're best off chasing that one. I just tried to login with the details your client sends, but the password does seem to be different. You can try a password reset or changing it on the beta website.

Can't login - c-smith - 10-29-2012 06:56 AM

Howdy all! Long time since I've been on these forums Smile

Decided to check out how Whatpulse was doing and saw there was a new client for Linux, have downloaded it but am now having trouble logging in!

I have no idea what the email address I used to sign up to whatpulse is, and I've changed it on the main Whatpulse.org website since; but using the email address that I've changed it to doesn't seem to work.

Any ideas?

Can't login - smitmartijn - 10-29-2012 06:58 AM

c-smith Wrote:Any ideas?

Change it on http://beta.whatpulse.org - the main site is not linked to the beta, so changes on the main website don't reflect the beta.

Can't login - c-smith - 10-29-2012 09:31 AM

smitmartijn Wrote:Change it on http://beta.whatpulse.org - the main site is not linked to the beta, so changes on the main website don't reflect the beta.

The problem is I don't know the email address that I used to sign up with (which is what I apparently need to log into the beta website).

Can't login - smitmartijn - 10-29-2012 10:31 AM

You changed it on the main website, so you should have seen the old email address, right?

The database on the beta is approx. 3 weeks old.

Can't login - c-smith - 10-29-2012 10:40 AM

Yeah I did see it, but I wasn't really paying attention :-(

Will the database on the beta website be updated to refelect the main website (at some point)? If so then I assume the email address I've changed to on the current website will at that point work on the beta website? If that's the case then it's not really an issue - I'm more than happy to wait a few months (or however it long it takes) to be able to use the new client.

Can't login - smitmartijn - 10-29-2012 06:07 PM

It's at hotmail.co.uk.