WhatPulse Forums
WhatPulse With Alternative Input Devices? - Printable Version

+- WhatPulse Forums (http://whatpulse.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Feature requests (/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Client software (/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: WhatPulse With Alternative Input Devices? (/showthread.php?tid=1194)

WhatPulse With Alternative Input Devices? - Inquizitor - 06-06-2010 07:36 PM

I'd like to pose a challenging question: If the traditional mouse/keyboard combo is phased out in the future in favor of new technology like multi-touch, speech recognition, gesture recognition, etc, will WhatPulse adapt to accommodate these futuristic input methods? Are there any plans for this?

WhatPulse With Alternative Input Devices? - Century0 - 06-07-2010 03:54 AM

Inquisitor911 Wrote:I'd like to pose a challenging question: If the traditional mouse/keyboard combo is phased out in the future in favor of new technology like multi-touch, speech recognition, gesture recognition, etc, will WhatPulse adapt to accommodate these futuristic input methods? Are there any plans for this?

I could see where we'd adapt to them. We've not really discussed it to my knowledge.

~Century0

WhatPulse With Alternative Input Devices? - bobL - 06-07-2010 05:43 AM

As Century0 said, it's not been discussed to a great degree. It would of course be possible, however the day where there is enough uptake to warrant such upgrades is a fair way off yet.

Mobile devices is a different kettle of fish - iPhone's obviously never going to happen, but Android could be a good market for WhatPulse.

WhatPulse With Alternative Input Devices? - dutchmega - 08-05-2010 10:34 AM

The first step would probably be a Android version with different statistics like taps & touches.

RE: WhatPulse With Alternative Input Devices? - gudbrand - 06-26-2014 04:28 PM

taps dont work on windows tablets, atleast on mine (asus t100), which is kinda a bummer cause i'm always taping the screen....

RE: WhatPulse With Alternative Input Devices? - London_Ash - 06-27-2014 04:05 PM

(06-26-2014 04:28 PM)gudbrand Wrote:  taps dont work on windows tablets, atleast on mine (asus t100), which is kinda a bummer cause i'm always taping the screen....

Tablets are not supported by WhatPulse.