WhatPulse Forums » Feature requests » Website v » Combined ranking Welcome back, Guest.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Combined ranking
02-18-2019, 01:55 PM (This post was last modified: 02-18-2019 02:13 PM by tjasse.)
Combined ranking
Hi guys!,

I would love to see a ranking in which all keys, clicks, download, upload and uptime are all combined into one. This way all teams (and users) can battle for this total ranking, in my opinion the current splitted ranking makes it harder to feel competitive about reaching a higher ranking. It would have to be properly balanced ofcourse. So if I may do a suggestion:

total score = keys + clicks + download (MB)/4 + upload (MB)/2 + uptime (minutes)

You can ofcourse play with the balance between factors for every element of the total score, but in my opinion it should be important that no matter what you use your pc for, you will be rewarded somehow in the total score. Uptime is quite low on purpose, since in my opinion this is a passive statistic, and people should not rise very much in the total ranking by simply leaving their pc's on.

Love to hear what you think about this idea!

Ps. thanks for creating whatpulse, I have been enjoying it for years!

Edit: another way to do it, would be based on the rankings of seperate statistics. So you could just add all the rankings and the lower your total number is the better. Benefit of this way is that it balances itself.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply