WhatPulse Forums » Community » Beta client » Archive v » WhatPulse 2.6b1 Welcome back, Guest.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
WhatPulse 2.6b1
03-04-2015, 06:11 PM (This post was last modified: 03-04-2015 06:32 PM by smitmartijn.)
WhatPulse 2.6b1
We're excited to announce the beta availability for the next client version: 2.6. There's a bunch of new stuff and a few improvements and fixes.

The entire website communication protocol has been overhauled and needs to be tested on a bigger (then my 4 computers) scale. It's more robust as it includes a handshake procedure (instead of just pushing the pulse and assume everything went OK) and it's more secure by using SSL certificates to verify the website identity.

Besides the communication, a NumPad has been added to the keyboard heat-map, per application keyboard heat-map, "todays value" of keys, clicks and bandwidth for in the Geek Window, and lots more. For all changes, check the release notes below.

One other thing I'd like to highlight: there's now an option in the settings tab to "include beta versions" in the update check. This means the regular update process will be able to update beta versions to the final releases and final releases can be upgraded to the next beta version. So no need to install these beta versions with the installer.

Why is this version named 2.5-1147 (beta) ?
You might notice that this version is named 2.5-1147 (beta) inside the client, instead of 2.6b1. This is done this way to facilitate the "include beta versions" update checker. From now on, the betas for the next version will be labeled with a high number and (beta) next to the current final release. I hope this won't prove to be confusing, but we'll see how it works out!

Please go ahead and see how this works for you, I'm looking forward to get feedback, thanks!

Downloads:
- Windows: http://files.whatpulse.org/beta/whatpulse-win-2.6b1.exe
- OS X: http://files.whatpulse.org/beta/whatpulse-mac-2.6b1.dmg

Changes:
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-04-2015, 07:34 PM
RE: WhatPulse 2.6b1
Hi, cool changes, but I keep getting this error when trying to pulse/reset token: http://puu.sh/gmnob/d29577f2b1.png
You might already be aware of the issue, but in case you're not, there it is.
Find all posts by this user
03-04-2015, 08:01 PM
(03-04-2015 07:34 PM)Robby250 Wrote:  Hi, cool changes, but I keep getting this error when trying to pulse/reset token:

That is the error when something is between your client and the website, the extra security layer. I tested it with a few proxies, which all worked.

What do you have between your computer and the internet? Proxy? Firewall with websites protection?
03-04-2015, 08:07 PM
I don't have a proxy, but I have Avast! Antivirus if that's worth anything. It could be related because it has some thing that picks up https certificates, checks them for legitimacy or something, then issues them back to the browser or whatever, like this: http://puu.sh/gmq6j/6d4ba2ad54.png
I disabled the antivirus for a bit and tried pulsing again and it still didn't work though.
03-05-2015, 01:02 AM
I'm also getting the "SSL handshake failed" error, even after disabling antivirus programs and ensuring that WhatPulse is whitelisted in my firewall.
03-05-2015, 06:56 AM
me too after turning of GDATA antivirus and firewall...
03-05-2015, 08:45 AM
I am also getting this message on Windows 8.1 with VIPRE Antivirus and Windows Firewall disabled. This is on the manual pulse only. The scheduled pulses are simply not going through even though I am not getting error messages. I have no proxy or website filtering.
03-05-2015, 09:11 AM
Upgrade from 2.4b4 not working cause watch-dog restarts what pulse after every quit (via menu).
Had to kill the executable.

Looks like settings get lost after upgrade. Had to re-login. (Not possible, i think cause of Antivirus, will investigate)

If i enable beta-version update, it points me that 2.6 is available with 2.5 change log.
03-05-2015, 10:00 AM
Luckily, the SSL issues were my bad. Not all web servers were using the same certificate which is needed. Fixed this just now, please try again.

As the the update for 2.6 when you enable "beta versions" in the version checker; also my bad. It had test releases in the release configuration, which I just fixed.
03-05-2015, 05:44 PM
Download at 3.5KB/s