WhatPulse Forums » Community » Beta client » Archive v » WhatPulse 2.3b1 Welcome back, Guest.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
WhatPulse 2.3b1
11-09-2013, 04:54 PM (This post was last modified: 11-13-2013 05:37 PM by smitmartijn.)
WhatPulse 2.3b1
We started with a beta for 2.2.2, but considering the amount of changes and fixes, I decided to rename it to 2.3.

dutchmega went to town on the internal workings of WhatPulse, which resulted in a (most likely) crash-free client. We're very curious on how it will run on your computers. Especially if you have been bothered by client crashes in the past, please try 2.3b1 and let us know how it runs!

Downloads:
- Windows: http://files.whatpulse.org/beta/whatpulse-win-2.3b1.exe
- OS X: http://files.whatpulse.org/beta/whatpulse-mac-2.3b1.dmg
- Generic Linux 32bit: http://files.whatpulse.org/beta/whatpuls...3b1.tar.gz
- Generic Linux 64bit: http://files.whatpulse.org/beta/whatpuls...3b1.tar.gz

Known issues:
- Windows: When starting the input stats for the third time (either using the options of putting your computer into sleep mode), the client crashes. Fixed for next build.

Changes:
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2013, 09:00 PM (This post was last modified: 11-10-2013 03:24 AM by Inquizitor.)
RE: WhatPulse 2.3b1
If I happen to run into any issues, I'll report them here, but it's running smooth as butter so far. Thanks for all of your hard work.

EDIT: Installing this on all of my computers, since it seems to be so stable. Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
11-10-2013, 03:38 AM
It's working now for the first time for me. Thanks for the rebuild.
2.3b1 seems to be a winner. Smile
11-11-2013, 09:34 PM
Perfect.

It didn't ask to reinstall WinPcap Wink
11-12-2013, 01:28 PM
It works perfectly so far on Windows 8.1 and Linux Mint.
11-12-2013, 03:54 PM
I have a Desktop PC and a laptop, both running Win7.
I believe at least once on both machines now since I updated to this new beta I have observed whatpulse silently seem to stop count keys and clicks but all the while seeming to record UL/DL and uptime and pulse away with no problem (given that I enabled periodic autopulses)
I think I did submit crash reports after closing it each time if that helps...
But that brings me onto another thing; yes, this issue I'm seeing isn't involving crashes but, just as I seem to have observed in use of the last "stable" release, I run into the problem whereby if I right-click the tray icon and select the quit option AND I haven't already closed the main window, whatpulse crashes. However, from some quick tests just now I'm thinking that this weird crashing is only happening in the current beta iff whatpulse has already "bugged out" and stopped counting keys/clicks.
11-13-2013, 04:58 PM
(11-12-2013 05:35 AM)wonder_al Wrote:  Crashed Thread: 11 PCapInterfaceThread

Randomly during normal runtime, or when OS X comes back from sleep mode?
11-13-2013, 05:32 PM
This version crashes when coming out of sleep mode on Windows 8.1 for me. It will continue to count internet usage and uptime, keys and clicks however will stop. This is the only issue that I have found though.
11-13-2013, 05:34 PM
(11-13-2013 05:32 PM)z7TomC7z Wrote:  This version crashes when coming out of sleep mode on Windows 8.1 for me. It will continue to count internet usage and uptime, keys and clicks however will stop. This is the only issue that I have found though.

I also have occasionally had this issue on Windows 8.1. I sent a crash report.
11-13-2013, 05:39 PM
(11-13-2013 05:34 PM)Inquizitor Wrote:  I also have occasionally had this issue on Windows 8.1. I sent a crash report.

Forgot to add that to the top post (see "Known issues"), but that's correct. It's not occasionally though, try to disable and enable Input stats from the settings, twice. it'll crash then. Same goes for the second time waking up from sleep mode.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  2.3b1 - OS X Networking crash JOE95443 6 7,495 11-16-2013 02:24 PM
Last Post: smitmartijn